How many of you guys wish you did not purchase a cabbed tractor?

/ How many of you guys wish you did not purchase a cabbed tractor? #1  

screamin400

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 2538, 2016 Mahindra 2655, 2017 CaseIH 75C, 2021 CaseIH 110c., 2020 Kubota svl 65-2, 2022 Kubota svl 75-2
The thought is there to trade my open station for a cabbed tractor. I do stone driveways and some tilling and some snow blowing and some lawn installation and you get the idea. I am wondering if I really want to trade. I think I do but looking to see if anyone had regrets.

/ How many of you guys wish you did not purchase a cabbed tractor? #2  
The thought is there to trade my open station for a cabbed tractor. I do stone driveways and some tilling and some snow blowing and some lawn installation and you get the idea. I am wondering if I really want to trade. I think I do but looking to see if anyone had regrets.

My thoughts are if a person had jobs where he wanted to be protected from any type of weather in any way such as heat, cold, rain sleet, snow (especially snow blowing) ,etc., a cab was a no brainer. The only instance I could possibly see it as perhaps troublesome is to bring a cabbed tractor in thick woods. Judging from the amount of times my open station has been whacked by branches, I would fear for any glass inserts. Even this may not be a concern however to someone actually logging with one in thick woods.

/ How many of you guys wish you did not purchase a cabbed tractor? #3  
I have two cabbed tractors now. A NH T4.75 for large projects and Kubota B2650 for small projects. No more excess heat, no more excess cold, no more dust, no more mosquitos and I can comfortably work in the rain if necessary.
The only "uh oh" moment I had when I traded in my 22 year old open Ford 1215 for the Kubota B2650 was when I realized I could not use my 25 gallon herbicide sprayer with wand to spray my fence rows and along the edges of my 850' long driveway. Problem solved! Still place the 25 gallon tank in the FEL and 12v clips to the tractor battery, then run the hose from the sprayer through the right side door handle and wand to the rear flip up window. The cab is so small and the rear window opens so wide I can steer with my left hand and spray with my right hand out of the side of the rear window from the ground to about 12 feet high while moving. Did about 2 hours of spraying last week and it worked just fine. No more open tractors for me! :)
image.jpeg

/ How many of you guys wish you did not purchase a cabbed tractor? #4  
3/4's of the year I dislike my cab'd tractor, and love my open station tractors. 1/4 of the year I dislike my open station tractors, and love my cab'd tractor..... :)

/ How many of you guys wish you did not purchase a cabbed tractor? #5  
I never regretted my cabbed tractor purchase! It has been well worth the money and I have found I work longer and jump on what used to be miserable jobs sooner because I'm far more comfortable.

/ How many of you guys wish you did not purchase a cabbed tractor? #6  
I never regretted my cabbed tractor purchase! It has been well worth the money and I have found I work longer and jump on what used to be miserable jobs sooner because I'm far more comfortable.

I agree with RedNeckRacin. I've never regretted getting a tractor with a cab! It is super in the winter and makes sickle bar and brush mowing a lot more comfortable in the summer and fall. One time you may find a cab not as functional as an open platform is if you are doing something where you are on and off the tractor a lot and are opening and closing cab doors all the time.

/ How many of you guys wish you did not purchase a cabbed tractor? #7  
Best move I ever made getting a cabbed tractor. 75% of my use is in winter moving snow. So nice to do so in comfort. In summer use the cab keeps the dust out and the A/C is very nice. The only drawback of a cab I see is if you spend a lot of times in the woods or have low hanging branches. I had some low branches in the driveway but lopped them off so not a big deal and I don't spend any time in the woods..

/ How many of you guys wish you did not purchase a cabbed tractor? #8  
Look at it this way , how many days do you lose because of rain , high heat or cold . Could you work those days with a cabbed tractor ?

Back in 1984 or 85 a friend on fine ordered a new mustang skid steer . The cab enclosure and heater was about a grand extra . I convinced him to get it . 2 months later we got hit with 3 major snow storms in 7 days . That machine ran 24/7 for 2 weeks . Made big$$$$

/ How many of you guys wish you did not purchase a cabbed tractor? #9  
I love my cab tractor with a/c. It was 96 and very humid this weekend, the kind of heat that just sucks the energy from you. I was on and off the tractor all day, but the a/c in the cab was ice cold and helped me stay at it all day. If I didn't have the cab, I would have been wiped out by early afternoon.

Another thing is bugs. With all the rain and humidity, we have lots of mosquitos now. It's really nice not having to worry about them. Same thing with hornets and yellow jackets. Many times I've had yellow jackets swarming the outside of the cab while I'm safe, happy, cool and bug-free inside the cab.

No regrets whatsoever.

/ How many of you guys wish you did not purchase a cabbed tractor? #10  
No regrets, but I have two other tractors without cabs....however.....even if I didn't have the two other tractors, I would hands down say that I did not regret getting a cab. So nice when bush hogging to be nice and cool listening to some tunes or jabbing on the phone.