My new toy has arrived

/ My new toy has arrived #1  

preferajag

Tractor
Cub Cadet 7360SS
I am now the proud father of a baby tractor.

My Used (well hardly used) Cub Cadet 7360SS arrived yesterday. The dealer had to drive the tractor the last mile to my house, beacuse his pick-up/trailer rig could not get up the hill to my house. But, once it had arrived I was given my first lesson in the basics of back-hoe operation and loader fundementals.

Small problem occurred aftr I had driven the dealer back to his truck (not on the tractor). when I tried to start the tractor - I could not get it to go. I spent a very frustrating 45 mininute - in the rain - trying to find out the starter solenoid seemd not to be getting any volts. In the end I had to rely on expertise gained some 47 years ago and hot wired the electrics.

Today I proved to myself that my baby and I can move rocks with the back-hoe, and together we moved a dumptruck load of hardcore and spread that at the side of what is due to become an exercise surface for the horses.

So far I really love this machine. It's comfortable and quiet to operate, and it seems to have adequate power. I think we are going to get on very well together. I guess we will get on better when I can fix the electrics, and that will be much easier when I have the owner manual that I had been promised!

Picture of baby attached /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

regards to all Cub Cadet owners.

/ My new toy has arrived
Picture did not seem to make it -

Trying again!

Attachments

• 431813-tractorweb1.jpg
    431813-tractorweb1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 459
   / My new toy has arrived
Another view /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 431814-tractorweb2.jpg
    431814-tractorweb2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 412
   / My new toy has arrived #4  
Nice rig, maybe the dealer can afford to get a real truck now /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ My new toy has arrived #5  
Nice looking Cub you got there! I had never seen one with a backhoe. Thanks for the pics!
Moon of Ohio

/ My new toy has arrived #6  
<font color="blue"> Small problem occurred aftr I had driven the dealer back to his truck (not on the tractor). when I tried to start the tractor - I could not get it to go. </font>

Do you think it is something as simple as a safety interlock that is preventing starting? All PTOs in off, clutch depressed, maybe gear range needs to be in neutral? Something like that?

I'd call the dealer and ask what might be up. Sounds like it should be something simple. You would think he would have told you if for some reason the thing was hard to start.

Too bad you were not there to see him start it when he took it off the trailer...

Don't forget that people have been seriously injured (or worse) jump starting tractors that were left in gear.

Enjoy that tractor! Looks great. Always enjoy seeing pictures of the hardest worker... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ My new toy has arrived #7  
nice tractor. I hadn't seen a cub before with a backhoe either. Is it a cub backhoe? Stay after to get that manual.

Donald B.

/ My new toy has arrived #8  
Congratulations! That is a nice looking rig.

I'm with Henro. I would be willing to bet it is just one of the "Safety Interlocks" that was keeping you from starting the tractor. Check the owners manual if you got one, or ask the dealer. As Henro said, some tractors require the PTO(s) to be disengaged, clutch depressed (even with HST), gearshift or Range Selector in Neutral AND someone sitting in the seat before they will start. It can be frustrating if you are missing doing one of these and can't figure out which it is.

Enjoy your new tool/toy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Kip

/ My new toy has arrived #9  
Looking at your picture of the BH, I noticed that your SMV sign is very close to the back of the BH seat as is mine. Actually, my SMV sign is just in front of the fuel tank and when I'm using my BH the seat rubs against the sign and is probably also putting pressure on the tank, although there seems to be no real damage to the tank, but the sign is taking a beating! Have you noticed this happening on yours? The BH can really get to rocking when your working around stumps. John

/ My new toy has arrived
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( nice tractor. I hadn't seen a cub before with a backhoe either. Is it a cub backhoe? Stay after to get that manual.

Donald B. )</font>

It's marketed as a Cub backhoe but reading the books it seems to be a re-painted Woods 84" model.