How to lift from the center of the bucket

/ How to lift from the center of the bucket #1  

jodebg

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-2650
Getting my B2650 work ready and have a question.

On my B7800 I have an anchor hook welded to the center of the bucket.

We do a lot of landscaping with sizeable stones and have used to center hook
for lifting and placing stones around our property. The weight in the center has bent
the top of the bucket.

The B2650 comes to us with a pair of grab hooks welded near the loader arms.

Not sure if I should buy weld one of Ken's anchor hooks in the center or use this set
up the way the original owner did. He used a 4' chain draped between the grab hooks
with a steel ring in the center for connecting to the chain doing the lifting.

Looking for some ideas as the best way to set this up.

/ How to lift from the center of the bucket #2  
Just my opinion but it seems to me that grab hooks should be welded or bolted to the bucket in line with the loader arms and a lifting chain hanging between them. I'd think it would be stronger with grab hooks closer to the sides of the bucket. One in the center would put more stress on the bucket resulting in bending.

/ How to lift from the center of the bucket #3  
Good post though, just purchased a tractor. It has a grab hook welded in the center of the bucket.
Well keep that in mind to avoid bending the bucket.

/ How to lift from the center of the bucket #4  
Make two attachment points on the inside of the bucket where the loader arm reinforcement is.

This is how I did it on a BX with one center cylinder. The hook and loop have never interfered with normal use of the bucket.

Bruce

buckethookA.jpg buckethookC.jpg

/ How to lift from the center of the bucket #5  
Make two attachment points on the inside of the bucket where the loader arm reinforcement is.

This is how I did it on a BX with one center cylinder. The hook and loop have never interfered with normal use of the bucket.

Bruce

View attachment 516800 View attachment 516801

I'm not sure how thick your bucket is, or how heavy you are lifting, but you might want to consider putting a doubler plate on the back where the bolts go through.

/ How to lift from the center of the bucket #6  
I'm not sure how thick your bucket is, or how heavy you are lifting, but you might want to consider putting a doubler plate on the back where the bolts go through.

There is already a 1/4 thick plate there for the cylinder mount.

Bruce

/ How to lift from the center of the bucket #7  
There is already a 1/4 thick plate there for the cylinder mount.

Bruce

I see it, now that you have pointed it out. Mine has two cylinders on either side, so no plate in the middle

/ How to lift from the center of the bucket #8  
I was thinking that in a conventional 2-cylinder bucket, you could do that in two similar places, with a V chain between for center lifting.

Bruce

/ How to lift from the center of the bucket #9  
Sounds like the original set up with a hook at the end of each loader arm and the chain between them is a good setup. Spread the wait over both sides and still allows you to hang from the center.

/ How to lift from the center of the bucket #10  
I do this all the time after I pull the rock out of the ground with my subsoiler:

Hook rock with chain
rock1.jpg

You can either set it down and reset the chain for carrying
rock2.jpg

or

Drop it into the bucket
rock3.jpg