Bought a new F150 yesterday to haul my tractor

/ Bought a new F150 yesterday to haul my tractor #1  

screamin400

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 2538, 2016 Mahindra 2655, 2017 CaseIH 75C, 2021 CaseIH 110c., 2020 Kubota svl 65-2, 2022 Kubota svl 75-2
Finally broke down and purchased a larger truck. I was towing way beyond the capacity of my little Tundra for the last year and decided to step up my game. I got a 2017 F150 supercrew black 4x4. It has the 3.5 ecoboost. Now for the tuner. I will have to do some research there. So far I really like the truck but no real miles on it as I just got it yesterday. In the first 100 miles the gauge says I am getting 23 mpg. If this is true I would be very happy.

/ Bought a new F150 yesterday to haul my tractor #2  
That's a heck of pickup...congrats.:thumbsup:

/ Bought a new F150 yesterday to haul my tractor #3  
What's the rated towing capacity? I'm waffling between an F-150 and a Super Duty (in which case, a diesel would be necessary ...).

/ Bought a new F150 yesterday to haul my tractor #4  
Sounds good, curious to see how it works for you. I have not heard much lately about mileage and have not paid attention to what the new trucks are getting. How heavy is your loaded trailer and do you have steep grades?

/ Bought a new F150 yesterday to haul my tractor
My tow capacity is 10700. I am towing what I would estimate to be 10500. I don't have any steep grades. I figure the turbos bring in the torque low enough that this is as close to a diesel as I can get without being a diesel

/ Bought a new F150 yesterday to haul my tractor #6  
We bought a T250 Transit van with 3.5 EcoBoost and it was awesome. The diesel in the Transit has 350 lb ft of torque: the EcoBoost, 400. Tough package to beat.

A 1970's Porsche 911 did 0-60 in over 7 seconds. An EcoBoost van does it in 6.8. Crazy.

/ Bought a new F150 yesterday to haul my tractor
Seems like I have some turbo lag. Tuner should take care of that

/ Bought a new F150 yesterday to haul my tractor #8  
Might be tight too, I would give it a few miles before adding a tuner.

/ Bought a new F150 yesterday to haul my tractor #9  
Might be tight too, I would give it a few miles before adding a tuner.

If this is a brand new truck, I suggest you hold off on the tuner. There's a good chance using a tuner would void the warranty. Your decision, of course.

/ Bought a new F150 yesterday to haul my tractor #10  
Finally broke down and purchased a larger truck. I was towing way beyond the capacity of my little Tundra for the last year and decided to step up my game. I got a 2017 F150 supercrew black 4x4. It has the 3.5 ecoboost. Now for the tuner. I will have to do some research there. So far I really like the truck but no real miles on it as I just got it yesterday. In the first 100 miles the gauge says I am getting 23 mpg. If this is true I would be very happy.

My gauge (2017 F-150) is 1/2 to 3/4 mpg optimistic, so do a check calculation. Not sure why you would want to chip it. I don't even use tow mode on mine while towing on flat roads.