Round UP Fears

/ Round UP Fears #21  
2 years cured of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. I'll never touch the stuff again.

/ Round UP Fears #22  
My dad used to throw old oil on our gravel driveway after changing oil in our tractors,cars,trucks to keep the dust down.We are still alive today.How did we survive?

/ Round UP Fears #23  
Of course, the good side is the fact that world is being fed. I'm not paranoid; there's not been a huge increase in cancers or genetic defects.

We can feed ourselves without all the chemicals big ag uses. We will slowly find out the truth in the coming years and find that there are long term effects for all the short sighted decisions that were made in the name of big ag profit.

/ Round UP Fears #24  
My dad used to throw old oil on our gravel driveway after changing oil in our tractors,cars,trucks to keep the dust down.We are still alive today.How did we survive?

Just because grandpa did it that way doesn't mean it's the best way.

You still copying my LAffin or did you finally stop?

/ Round UP Fears #25  

Pretty much My thought . My Dad did that for years on our driveway . His well is only 20' from driveway and it is a shallow well . Water table is around 26' , jet / venturi is right at 30' . From the time I was able to remember , maybe around 6 or so , up until is was banned , My Dad used DDT on everything . He would dust the strawberry field in the evening after work and next morning , We would peak strawberries in a bowl , fill bowl with water , drain water , slice strawberries into Our corn flakes for breakfast . My Dad passed 3 years ago at the age of 89+ . No Cancer , No alzhiemers or other , just age . I am the youngest at 57 , with zero ailments as are all the rest of my siblings . Local goverment use to contract to have crop duster's spray fields to lower mosquito populatons . Use to stand outside and fill the spray land on bare arms and head , but it was cool to see the dusters flying .
Difference is DDT was a insecticide while roundup is a herbicide . Agent orange was a herbicide also , used in Vietnam . While some developed issue's , Cancer , etc.. , others who had direct contact with it developed no problems , even though they were in contact virtually every day for their entire tour ?????

Now do I drink round up , NO . Use common sense were and how much I spray . Watch wind drift , so it does not effect other plants I want kept . I mean , I put gasoline in My pickup and it , if spilled , is very bad for the enviroment , But I don't go around drinking that either .

My take is 2 words I used earlier " Common Sense " . Unfortunately , Today's Society seems to have forgot that critical skill , To buried into their smart phones to look were they are walking . :cool:

Fred H.

/ Round UP Fears #26  
My Dad sprayed trees as a sideline, mostly large Elm trees. I helped him by keeping the spray hose out of flower beds etc. Dad lived to almost 95, I can still see him with his straw hat, leather gloves, no mask spraying DDT and Black Leaf 40 into 50 foot high Elms and the spray raining down on him and me. Wonder if he would still be alive today if he didn't have his spray job? I'm 73, will I make it to 95?

/ Round UP Fears #27  
One of those things. My brother died of brain cancer at 62. Otherwise he was active and doing well. Chemicals and crap in our environment - it takes a toll. Cancer is all around us. Anything to save a buck, make a buck.

/ Round UP Fears #28  
One of those things. My brother died of brain cancer at 62. Otherwise he was active and doing well. Chemicals and crap in our environment - it takes a toll. Cancer is all around us. Anything to save a buck, make a buck.
And yet it could have been a single cosmic particle-not preventable unless you want to live deep underground-that caused a single mutation in a single cell in your brother's brain.
We, as a society, certainly tend to over-use stuff (DDT nearly wiped out the bald eagle population, but it's perfectly safe if not overused), and be afraid of things that aren't really an issue (if you don't smoke and don't sunbathe you've eliminated two real nasties, but some folks do both and end up as 90-year-old brown wrinkly bags.)

/ Round UP Fears #29  
corrn.jpgcorn2.jpg

/ Round UP Fears #30  
Finally patched the crack in the spray tank that would otherwise rain RoundUp down my crack... I would say I've about bathed in the stuff. We'll see how long I live... Seen my boss put his whole arm into a large tank of RoundUp to see if the bottom suction hose was clogged or not. It wasn't...