case 3450 baler

/ case 3450 baler #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
Hey, I posted this in the haying forum a couple days ago but no responses. Didn't know how to move it so here we go again....

Hello, I was wondering anybody still use this baler. Picked one up cheap yesterday. In good shape but I need a door switch alarm and have found it a t messicks but $120 sounds a little steep. Any body got any ideas? I had seen somewhere that someone used a different switch Maybe some type of backup switch to replace this with? Also is the door switch what tells you if the bale is full or not? cannot find another switch or sensor anywhere on it but the box has an alarm for it.

Also a new idea 484 has the same part but haven't found any of them parts at all. These were built in several different names in the 90's same baler. just looking for ideas..

I think a starter switch may work, but haven't tried it yet just dosen't seem to be $120 worth of complicated....

/ case 3450 baler #2  
I bet the switch is so you know the door is CLOSED before you start a new bale.

/ case 3450 baler
that may be the case too but just do not know yet. will have to try a new one i guess....not many people using these anymore around here......