LOCKNLUBE GREASE COUPLER QUESTION

/ LOCKNLUBE GREASE COUPLER QUESTION #1  

JACKIEBOY

Tractor
2016 MAHINDRA 2538 TLB 1950 OLIVER BDH
HELLO I JUST JOINED TBN AND THIS IS ONLY MY SECOND POST. I HAVE BEEN READING A BUNCH OF THE OLD POSTS ON HERE AND THIS PLACE IS FULL OF GREAT STUFF. I HAVE A2538 MAHINDRA TLB BUT IVE HAD ANOTHER TRACTOR FOR OVER 13 YEARS, AND I CAME ACROSS GUYS MENTIONING THE LOCKNLUBE GREASE COUPLER. DOES IT WORK AS GOOD AS ITCLAIMS BECAUSE ITSOUNDS TO ME LIKE THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD. I LOOKED UP ON EBAY AND THERE ABOUT $30 BUT IF IT WORKS AS THEY SAY IT SOUNDS PRICELESS. ANYBODY HAVE GOOD LUCK WITH IT. THANKS

/ LOCKNLUBE GREASE COUPLER QUESTION #2  
I have one and they work great. The only downside is that they are longer than a std coupler and might not fit into right places.

/ LOCKNLUBE GREASE COUPLER QUESTION
AFTER I POSTED MY QUESTION I DID SOME LOOKING AROUND IN OLD FORUMS AND FOUND TONS OF GUYS USING AND LOVING THEM. DIDN'T TAKE TO LONG AND I ORDERED ME ONE RIGHT UP. I CAN TELL ALREADY IM GOING TO GET ALOT OF USE OUT OF THIS TRACTOR SIGHT. ONCE I FIGURE THIS THING OUT I WILL GET ONE OF MY KIDS TO HELP ME GET SOME PICTURES ON OF MY NEW TRACTOR AND OLD DOZERS. IVE ALREADY USED IDEAS FROM OTHER POSTS AND BUILT A CHAINSAW HOLDER FOR MY SAW AND MOUNTED A TOOLBOX ALONG WITH BEEFING UP BUCKET ALONG WITH SOME HEAVY WELD ON HOOKS. HAD A 4400 JOHN DEERE FOR ALOT OF YEARS BUT AM REALLY LOVING THE NEW 2538 MAHINDRA.

/ LOCKNLUBE GREASE COUPLER QUESTION #4  
I have had a lock and lub for a number of years, and in some places it was nearly essential,
there not perfect, but if you can not pump grease in with the lock and lub, either the zerk is worn (if on an implement and it can rub some times there no longer round and can not seal properly, or the passage is plug up, and will need to be physically cleaned out, (usually the removal of the zerk and a drill bit (by hand) twist it and clean out the passage of hard or packed dry grease,

but yes I would buy again and some times think I should invest in a few more,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

using caps only is like shouting on the internet,

/ LOCKNLUBE GREASE COUPLER QUESTION #5  
You will love it! Welcome to TBN as well.

/ LOCKNLUBE GREASE COUPLER QUESTION #6  
I have a L & L unit on one of my grease guns. Kind of like having a third hand. Only down side for me - many recessed zerks on my FEL and the larger diameter of the L & L will not fit into the recesses. Otherwise - it is a handy addition and does save time & frustration.

/ LOCKNLUBE GREASE COUPLER QUESTION #7  
I have one on one gun but I don't feel it's worth the price. I use it occasionally but most of the time I grab the old Lincoln gun with the regular coupler.

/ LOCKNLUBE GREASE COUPLER QUESTION #8  
I have both models of the LockNLube...Std and XL. Each on a separate gun.
I've been using the standard unit of a couple years and have had no issues greasing with it. I had a couple fittings on the BH legs that needed to be addressed, but that's another discussion. This past spring I purchased a 72" rear finish mower. The grease fittings for the spindles are accessed through a side hole and too deep to get the standard LNL on and locked...I had to pull the covers. :(

With the XL it's a piece of cake! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / LOCKNLUBE GREASE COUPLER QUESTION #9  
I removed the pipe from the lever action, replaced it with a hose and the LockNLube. So much better. :thumbsup:

P4220003.JPG

/ LOCKNLUBE GREASE COUPLER QUESTION #10  
Welcome to TBN!

Please turn OFF your caps lock. You really don't need to shout at us.

As you already found, there is very little that hasn't been covered at one time or another on TBN! Search is your friend!