Cleaning up and trying to make it pretty

/ Cleaning up and trying to make it pretty #1  

currierej

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1810D
When I bought my little girl she had lived a hard life, I've been working at cleaning her up and making her pretty again.
The data plate had been painted over and I wanted to clean it up without removing the stencil ink, I gambled and tried acetone from Lowe's.
I think it worked pretty good, I also tried to use a paint pen to accent the shifting pattern, I think it worked pretty good but I might try redoing it. 20171112_153505.jpg20171112_155411.jpg20171112_153156.jpg20171112_153434.jpg20171112_155421.jpg

/ Cleaning up and trying to make it pretty #2  
How did you get the paint off the the stickers that were there ? Or didn't they have paint on them? Acetone usually isn't good for stickers. Paint pen is a good idea the numbers for the shifter though. If it starts looking too good you're not going to stop.:thumbsup:

/ Cleaning up and trying to make it pretty
The stickers had not been painted over, I was still worried about them while I cleaned them off, I used a product called "scrubs in a bucket" to prep the area and it didn't seem to hurt the stickers too much.

/ Cleaning up and trying to make it pretty
How did you get the paint off the the stickers that were there ? Or didn't they have paint on them? Acetone usually isn't good for stickers. Paint pen is a good idea the numbers for the shifter though. If it starts looking too good you're not going to stop.
I've rewired the whole tractor, replaced the headlights with LEDS, when I can afford it I will get all the sheet metal powder coated, so yes, I'm not going to stop.

/ Cleaning up and trying to make it pretty #6  
You are correct the old Sharpie Permanent Marker makes a good detail item. Great for the zip lock bag full of parts also.