new to me tractor

/ new to me tractor #1  

bguillory

Tractor
HinomotoC144 Kuboto L2800
Hey guys, new to the forum. I just purchased a 2007 Kubota L2800F, with just 32 hrs on it. Its in great mechanical shape and guy threw in a brush cutter, grader blade, and post hole digger with 2 augers all for $5K. I am really stoked about it, it was a neighbor of mine at some hunting property I own in Texas. It's a little sun faded from sleeping outside, but in great shape otherwise. Oh and it has a FEL on it also, which is what I have a question about. I read in the manual to keep max air pressure in front tires for the FEL use, but not sure that means max psi marked on tire or the recommended pressure in owners manual. Anybody know?

/ new to me tractor #2  
Sorry man, not talkin to you. Dudes that score such good deals don't get to come on here and get free advice.

That Kubota is worth two or three times that.

Congrats man...:)

/ new to me tractor #3  
Boy, I'm not sure what to make of previous post. Maybe the guy was joking around. Any way welcome to the forum. I got front end loaders on 2 of my tractors. I generally run about 45 psi in my front tires. If you are off a little should not be a big deal. You just don't want your tires to appear low. If I were you, I would consider putting fluid in the rear tires. You might also consider using ballast weights on the back of your tractor when doing "heavy" front loader work. Hope this helps. Again, welcome to the forum.

/ new to me tractor #4  
Ps. I had about 3000 lbs up on the front end loader the other day. Had to put a big round bale on the back for a counter weight and my front tires were kind of squashy.

/ new to me tractor
Thanks for the reply guys, the tires are marked for 44 psi max cold, owners manual said 32 psi. Thanks again looking forward to picking up some good info on this forum

/ new to me tractor #6  
I agree that for front loader work keep the front tires near maximum pressure. Based on your previous post I'd run them at 40 PSI and either load the rears and / or get or make a 3 pt. rear ballast.
Welcome to the net and great find on your tractor.

/ new to me tractor #7  
Keep the tires at max pi marked on the tire. Ignore the manual. Tires currently installed on the tractor may not match what the manual was written for. Manual changes often have a hard time keeping up with production line changes and tires that are replaced after purchase may not match original equipment.

/ new to me tractor #8  
Wow sounds like a fantastic deal. Personally I would go with max pressure printed on tire. Let’s see some pics

/ new to me tractor #9  
Welcome to TBN and the forum. Sound like you were able to make a good deal with the neighbor on your new tractor.

Suggestions - read, read, read your owners manual and ask ?? if there is the slightest lack of understanding.

Go slow & low. Slow tractor speeds and KEEP THE FEL & BUCKET LOW.

You have access to literally hundreds of "How to" videos on this site and U-Tube. Excellent demonstrations of how to do things correctly.

/ new to me tractor #10  
Depends what type tires on your frontend,could range from 23-32 psi.
Mine are at 28 psi for R4 tires.