Kioti dk50hst with cab electrical issue

/ Kioti dk50hst with cab electrical issue #1  

dubem000

Tractor
JD 2305 Ford 3910 Kioti dk50hst
My dk50 w/cab as a strange electrical problem. All accessories (heater fan, working lights, etc) wont go on when I start the tractor. If I turn every thing on they all start after a few minutes. When I check power at the fuse box I get nothing until it kicks in after a few minutes, I am thinking a defective relay since the tractor is only 3 years old and I checked all the connectors in the wiring harness and everything looks like new. Does anyone know or have seen something similar?

/ Kioti dk50hst with cab electrical issue #2  
Sounds like the right diagnose to me more or less. Either a flakey relay, or an issue with the circuit on the key feeding the relay.

/ Kioti dk50hst with cab electrical issue #3  
My dk50 w/cab as a strange electrical problem. All accessories (heater fan, working lights, etc) wont go on when I start the tractor. If I turn every thing on they all start after a few minutes. When I check power at the fuse box I get nothing until it kicks in after a few minutes, I am thinking a defective relay since the tractor is only 3 years old and I checked all the connectors in the wiring harness and everything looks like new. Does anyone know or have seen something similar?

Live reasonably close to you just east of Cornwall.

Sent you a PM
Likely a switch such as a key switch or a combination switch that is not closing one of its contacts
If you don't already have one, a trouble shooting light for about $10 will be a big help
4rJbf4z.jpg

Dave M7040

Last edited:
   / Kioti dk50hst with cab electrical issue #4  
Even though the tractor has a cab, shooting some fluid film into the key switch wont hurt it and might just help. Other than that I would blame a flaky relay.

/ Kioti dk50hst with cab electrical issue #5  
I guess it just started doing this. This is winter, may have something to do with it. Does tractor rpm have anything to do with it? My dash gauges take 30 seconds or so to register if I start and leave it in idle.

/ Kioti dk50hst with cab electrical issue #6  
Sounds like a resistance issue which is relieved when enough current start flowing. Reseat every relay and fuse. If you really want to aid in connections here you might dab some dialectic grease on the contact points. Check all grounds too.

/ Kioti dk50hst with cab electrical issue
Well guys thank you.I actually did all of the above troubleshooting. Even replaced ignition switch. It does look like a flaky relay but I dont know witch one. Anyone knows if an accessories relay exist and where it would be located?

/ Kioti dk50hst with cab electrical issue #8  
Well guys thank you.I actually did all of the above troubleshooting. Even replaced ignition switch. It does look like a flaky relay but I dont know witch one. Anyone knows if an accessories relay exist and where it would be located?

How about under the hood to the top rear of the engine. Your owner's manual should show which is which. If no OM then pull one and see what happens.....or doesn't.

/ Kioti dk50hst with cab electrical issue #9  

When I look at the wiring diagram for a slightly different model of Kioti, I do not see any relay affecting the circuits described.

There is a second major light switch which affects lighting circuits.

There are two diodes external to the alternator identified as V1 and V2. I do not know their purpose but the fact that increasing engine rpm's causes something to turn on is significant.

Has the battery of the tractor been boosted at any time. I have seen situations where these diodes were blown by momentarily reversed jumper cables.

Dave M7040

/ Kioti dk50hst with cab electrical issue #10  
When I look at the wiring diagram for a slightly different model of Kioti, I do not see any relay affecting the circuits described.

There is a second major light switch which affects lighting circuits.

There are two diodes external to the alternator identified as V1 and V2. I do not know their purpose but the fact that increasing engine rpm's causes something to turn on is significant.

Has the battery of the tractor been boosted at any time. I have seen situations where these diodes were blown by momentarily reversed jumper cables.

Dave M7040

If running an alternator, most I have seen have a 2 sets of diodes: 3 in the + circuit....12v output, and 3 in the return - circuit. Reversing the voltage on an alternator via battery connected backwards or putting jumper cables on in reverse order will burn out (short out) in a heartbeat as there is no resistance (to speak of) in the reverse direction to limit current flow for the - diodes. BTDT....not me service station attendant did it.