Hearing protection

/ Hearing protection #1  

Einthewoods

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
What? Huh? Speak up, I have ringing in my ears.

For those of you who wear some sort of hearing protection while operating your tractor, what do you wear (brand/model)?

Thanks! You may now return your tv volume to its normal level.

/ Hearing protection #2  
I wear earplugs that I purchased from the drugstore; good to 32dB's. They come in a bottle @ 32 pairs. They can get pretty gross looking, but can be cleaned and used again (against manufacturer's advice).

Also have a logger's helmet with its noise suppression muffs. If I am brush hogging I wear both.

I usually like being deaf. It removes a lot of annoyances. :wink:

/ Hearing protection #3  
I have several pairs of muffs. The ones I bought most recently are the most comfortable to wear. They're 3M Peltor X1A. I'd recommend them.

/ Hearing protection
I have several pairs of muffs. The ones I bought most recently are the most comfortable to wear. They're 3M Peltor X1A. I'd recommend them.

Thanks Motown. Those look pretty good and certainly have outstanding reviews....and cheap!

/ Hearing protection #6  
Either high quality ear plugs (their db suppression varies greatly, so read the fine print) or my top quality full muffs I use for chain saw operation. I actually like the convenience of the full muffs, but wear something. See what works best and use them. Your loved ones will appreciate it. Living with someone with severe hearing loss is no fun.

/ Hearing protection #7  
   / Hearing protection #8  
I usually prefer the foam in ear type, but when I do wear ear muffs I prefer the yellow body 3m Peltor.

/ Hearing protection #9  
When outside mowing or using saws or blowers I wear a pair of 3M muffs with AM FM radio. The tractor has a cab so it is really quiet. Been noticing that to much coffee has been making my ears ring and am replacing 2 cups a day with non-caffeinated tea.