Oil & Fuel Mahindra Cold Weather Cranking Experiences

/ Mahindra Cold Weather Cranking Experiences #11  
Methinks that this thread should not read "Mahindra Cold Weather Cranking Experiences" but rather, "Trying to start a diesel in sub-freezing weather with water in the fuel tank". BobG in VA

/ Mahindra Cold Weather Cranking Experiences #12  
Methinks that this thread should not read "Mahindra Cold Weather Cranking Experiences" but rather, "Trying to start a diesel in sub-freezing weather with water in the fuel tank". BobG in VA

There is only one Mahindra owner, the OP.

/ Mahindra Cold Weather Cranking Experiences #13  
There is only one Mahindra owner, the OP.

Doesn't matter about the "only one Mahindra owner"...I'm pretty sure a New Holland wouldn't start if you could see ice in the fuel glass bowl...

/ Mahindra Cold Weather Cranking Experiences

I am new member of TBN and usually reluctant to state something publicly because all kinds of responses come in. Being the owner of a plumbing service company for more than thirty years, I have learned that many times the key to properly diagnosing a plumbing problem many times are the little details. The reason Mahindra was listed in the title was a tool for search words for other Mahindra owners who might be having a model specific problem like me, such as the inferior fuel lines used on the tractors for several years. They were proved inferior as Mahindra initiated a massive recall concerning the fuel lines that would crumble from the inside. There is no 'glass bowl' on my tractor. The fuel filter is metal and constructed with a manual primer on the top of the assembly.

/ Mahindra Cold Weather Cranking Experiences #15  
One important note: when one says "it won't crank" in relation to an engine, it supposedly means that the engine will not rotate when the starter in engaged. If the engine spins, but does not start, that's another issue. For the record, my Mahindra spun, a little slowly, in 7 °F temperatures, and then started, allowing me to plow some snow. I use an anti-gel additive.

/ Mahindra Cold Weather Cranking Experiences #16  
I am new member of TBN and usually reluctant to state something publicly because all kinds of responses come in. Being the owner of a plumbing service company for more than thirty years, I have learned that many times the key to properly diagnosing a plumbing problem many times are the little details. The reason Mahindra was listed in the title was a tool for search words for other Mahindra owners who might be having a model specific problem like me, such as the inferior fuel lines used on the tractors for several years. They were proved inferior as Mahindra initiated a massive recall concerning the fuel lines that would crumble from the inside. There is no 'glass bowl' on my tractor. The fuel filter is metal and constructed with a manual primer on the top of the assembly.
Welcome to the forum. Hang in there. Seems like there is always some disagreements on here and someone want to go on the attack. I have tried to offer an opinion or offer a solution/ideas to guys issues and somwine goes on the attack. I got a tractor that is a "real winner and work of art (not)" and if I bring up the issues. I am bashing that brand of tractor or the tractors problem is abuse. Then see some one else having trouble with that brand of tractor. I always just remember that it is what it is. Once again welcome to the forum and good luck with your tractor.

/ Mahindra Cold Weather Cranking Experiences #17  
Grumpy Wally- Welcome to TBN. I took you post as an open request to all as it was posted in the "open to all" Owning/Operating Forum. I read two requests in your post- one to Mahindra owners with a specific interest in fuel line deterioration and an open request to all tractor owner/operators for their input. When it comes down to it, the different brands of tractors are pretty similar for a given cost despite the Sales & Marketing BS. Despite the brand and/or degree of brand loyalty we tractor operators and their tractors face similar operating challenges with similar solutions generally.

If anyone believes that I was brand bashing they are mistaken. It was an observation. I apologize for any confusion generated. I post to help other owner/operators not to create some dramatic "food fight.

I wish that my fuel filter housing was metal. I would probably put a fuel filter heater on it if it was.

/ Mahindra Cold Weather Cranking Experiences #18  
Jbrumberg: I'm the guy that is always accused of brand bashing. You got guys trying to help and I'm one of those guys. But I guess I come off a little raw and next thing you know it is on. I never seen any trouble with your post. Just trying to clue the op in that I've seen things get a little "crazy" on here.

/ Mahindra Cold Weather Cranking Experiences #19  
Phillip- We are all in this together or should be. I saw your post as helpful advice to a newbie as to general and topic posting procedure.

I would not be as tractor "proficient" as I am now if it were not for the help that I received here from members at TBN (+ a lot of seat time) and I am still learning.

And as individuals helped me I feel that it is my responsibility to share the knowledge.

/ Mahindra Cold Weather Cranking Experiences #20  
Agree