Shipping container for tractor storage

/ Shipping container for tractor storage #1  

kjg26

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti DK55
Im toying with the idea of a shipping container for storing tractor and other equipment on our new property. The ID of the container door is 101.5 tall at its smallest point. Specs for the tractor im eyeing are 100.7in tall with Ag tires. I have no way to test fitment before purchase......

Thoughts please.

/ Shipping container for tractor storage #2  
Sound pretty tight to me. Can you throw up some kind of shed or metal building???

/ Shipping container for tractor storage #3  
I'm wanting to do the same thing. Following along here. I see on auction sites for 20ft long containers but haven't pulled the trigger at about $2k for a used but decent box. Want to store my BX, a couple attachments, and some other landscape tools. Only concern is transport and positioning. I don't have the means to transport and my location to place the SeaCan is not going to be easy.

Last edited:
   / Shipping container for tractor storage #4  
I’m thinking about getting one, too. My tractor (with cab) is just over 8 feet tall. In this case, I need to go with a high cube container. A normal container is not tall enough. I contacted a local dealer and a 40 foot high cube is $5500 plus delivery. Less than the cost of building a pole barn, plus it will be rodent-proof. I just had mice chew thorough some wiring and need a safe space for my tractor.

/ Shipping container for tractor storage #5  
I’m thinking about getting one, too. My tractor (with cab) is just over 8 feet tall. In this case, I need to go with a high cube container. A normal container is not tall enough. I contacted a local dealer and a 40 foot high cube is $5500 plus delivery. Less than the cost of building a pole barn, plus it will be rodent-proof. I just had mice chew thorough some wiring and need a safe space for my tractor.
How tall is the high cube (inside dimension)?

/ Shipping container for tractor storage #6  
How tall is the high cube (inside dimension)?
would be a key dimension for me. yeah, could fold down the ROPS but box that doesn't require it is preferred. I would build a couple racks at the deep end to store my FEL implements. Then hang other minor landscape accessories on the high walls. LED lighting overhead using Click Bond product. Lastly it would be cool if it were solar powered.

/ Shipping container for tractor storage
Be careful with height measurements. The entrance threshold is smaller... 101.5" once tractor is in im fine. Extra room. The threshold is my holdup. Building a metal shop or pole barn isnt possible at this time.

/ Shipping container for tractor storage #9  
Im toying with the idea of a shipping container for storing tractor and other equipment on our new property. The ID of the container door is 101.5 tall at its smallest point. Specs for the tractor im eyeing are 100.7in tall with Ag tires. I have no way to test fitment before purchase......

Thoughts please.

What's the limiting dimension, exhaust pipe, ROPS, cab roof, ....?

/ Shipping container for tractor storage
Top of cab at a manufacturers reported height of 100.7in. I measured the entrance at 101.5in