Particulate filter delete

/ Particulate filter delete #1  

phastmac

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060,Kubota MX 4700hst, Kubota B7100hst, Kubota RTV 900,
I just purchased a new M7060HD Kubota. I was wondering about the particulate filter and when the warranty expires, getting the particulate filter deleted. Does any one have any comments on this. I'm just looking for information. thanks

/ Particulate filter delete #2  
I delete all my diesels, they just run better with no emission systems. Plus living in Wyoming, the thin air combined with a choking of the exhaust, is a recipe for failure. The problem is Kubota, like Toyota, have their ECU's on lock down. I have not seen a company yet be able to overwrite the firm ware for Kubota. Unless something else comes along, you may be stuck.

It is amazing how well a modern diesel runs with no EGR, DPF or SCR.

EDIT: I may have spoke too soon. It looks like they finally got something for Kubota. No idea how they are doing it, but check these guys out...

Agricultural ECM Tunes-DPF EGR UREA-Kubota Deere Case

/ Particulate filter delete #3  
Wow. If something like that is going to be available in the near future, I will absolutely do a DPF delete on my M7060. I haven't had any problems in my young ownership of only 100 hours but I just don't like the way the engine runs and smells when it's doing it's regen thing. It smells like burnt popcorn. LOL

/ Particulate filter delete #4  
Keep up your maintenance, and don't touch that filter:
"In a court settlement with the EPA, Edge Products, a manufacturer of electronic power modules for diesel engines, has agreed to pay a $500,000 fine for manufacturing and selling electronic devices that allowed owners of Chevy, GMC, Ford and Dodge/Ram diesel pickup trucks (2007 and later) to remove the programming for diesel particulate filters from their vehicles. The civil penalty of $500,000 is based on the United States’ determination that Edge Products has a limited ability to pay a penalty in this matter."

/ Particulate filter delete #5  
I delete all my diesels, they just run better with no emission systems. Plus living in Wyoming, the thin air combined with a choking of the exhaust, is a recipe for failure. The problem is Kubota, like Toyota, have their ECU's on lock down. I have not seen a company yet be able to overwrite the firm ware for Kubota. Unless something else comes along, you may be stuck.

It is amazing how well a modern diesel runs with no EGR, DPF or SCR.

EDIT: I may have spoke too soon. It looks like they finally got something for Kubota. No idea how they are doing it, but check these guys out...

Agricultural ECM Tunes-DPF EGR UREA-Kubota Deere Case

Yeah, I'd skip it:
It is the buyer's responsibility to be aware of all operational and emissions requirements for legal use in their country. The buyer hereby waives all legal rights and understands that the seller (Peak Engine Performance, its employees, sub-contractors, business associates, and affiliates) will not be held liable for any reason. See my other post for why.

/ Particulate filter delete #6  
Yeah, I'd skip it:
It is the buyer's responsibility to be aware of all operational and emissions requirements for legal use in their country. The buyer hereby waives all legal rights and understands that the seller (Peak Engine Performance, its employees, sub-contractors, business associates, and affiliates) will not be held liable for any reason. See my other post for why.

lol...

Your comparing on the road products with off road products. Understand what is what before you cast assumptions...

/ Particulate filter delete #7  
lol...

Your comparing on the road products with off road products. Understand what is what before you cast assumptions...

You are under the mistaken impression that the EPA cares what kind of equipment you are operating when it comes down hard on you. It does not. It's just easier to hit the road going stuff.

/ Particulate filter delete
Thanks to all for the info.

/ Particulate filter delete
thanks, for the info.

/ Particulate filter delete #10  
I have to wonder if a straight pipe to replace the DPF with a couple of taps for the sensors would work. If the sensors are looking for differential pressure to start the regen with no differential I wonder if they would never start, the EGR system should be fairly easy to defeat.
I realize that the EPA wouldn't like it if they found out, I would delete my pickup except that the nanny state that I live in requires annual inspections and they plug into the computer for emission compliance on your vehicle.