Battery Charger / Desulphator - BatteryMINDer 12117 $25 - (& comparison to Ebay junk)

/ Battery Charger / Desulphator - BatteryMINDer 12117 $25 - (& comparison to Ebay junk) #31  
Re: Battery Charger / Desulphator - BatteryMINDer 12117 $25 - (& comparison to Ebay j

Well the cost of the Battery minder, $25, is only $2 more than your quoted price for the Tender Jr. From my readings the Battery Minder does not need to be hooked up 24/7 but can be cycled through a fleet of batteries. So for $2 more you could have a device to cycle through your 7 mentioned batteries. And also work on your car and truck batteries if you have any.

OK. The ones I saw in a quick look were $50-80. If they have a $25 one that's good. How do you connect it to multiple batteries and have it cycle though them? Or are you talking about manually moving it? That would not be how I would want to do things because I just hook them up out in the shed and let them go all winter/year long until I need the equipment.

Rob

/ Battery Charger / Desulphator - BatteryMINDer 12117 $25 - (& comparison to Ebay junk) #32  
Re: Battery Charger / Desulphator - BatteryMINDer 12117 $25 - (& comparison to Ebay j

OK. The ones I saw in a quick look were $50-80. If they have a $25 one that's good. How do you connect it to multiple batteries and have it cycle though them? Or are you talking about manually moving it? That would not be how I would want to do things because I just hook them up out in the shed and let them go all winter/year long until I need the equipment.

Rob
Well thread title is
Battery Charger / Desulphator - BatteryMINDer 12117 $25
. As far as use it looks like your sunk.

/ Battery Charger / Desulphator - BatteryMINDer 12117 $25 - (& comparison to Ebay junk) #33  

You can use a Y adapter to maintain multiple batteries at onec. Batteries should all be of the same type (e.g. AGM or all flooded lead-acid, but not mixed flooded and AGM), but they do not have to all be the same size. Don't expect much charging (charge them up before hooking up the BatteryMinder), but it will maintain and desulfate them. Somewhere along the line, I picked up a 5-way adapter, but I haven't used it yet.

/ Battery Charger / Desulphator - BatteryMINDer 12117 $25 - (& comparison to Ebay junk)

I think the instructions with the $25 BatteryMinder say it can be used for up to 4 batteries (of identical type) so long as they are fully charged before connecting. Likely so it isn't working hard trying to charge an impossible load.

/ Battery Charger / Desulphator - BatteryMINDer 12117 $25 - (& comparison to Ebay junk) #35  

I think the instructions with the $25 BatteryMinder say it can be used for up to 4 batteries (of identical type) so long as they are fully charged before connecting. Likely so it isn't working hard trying to charge an impossible load.

Part of the reason for saying to start with fully charged batteries is to assure that all of the ones you are connecting are at the same state-of-charge. If you connect batteries that are unequally charged in parallel, the more fully charged one will dump charge into the lesser one, possibly at a greater rate than your batteries or wiring can handle.

/ Battery Charger / Desulphator - BatteryMINDer 12117 $25 - (& comparison to Ebay junk) #36  

Rob

The price for the Battery Minder is CURRENTLY $25 !
When I bought my 4 Battery Minders they were $34.95? (Battery Tenders Plus were even more !)
I bought my Battery Tender Jr's. for $19.95.
I will obviously only buy $25 Battery Minders now, if replacements should be needed.

It would not be practical for me to use a Tender or Minder for more than one battery at a time.
My batteries are all in different pieces of equipment, and it would be a major nuisance to remove them.
No two of my batteries are of the same size/rating.
I too, need to leave my batteries connected to a charger/minder individually, because I am away for months, and thus could not possibly change the charger from one battery to another.

As a matter of interest: Battery Tender Plus units, marketed by Deltran of Deland Florida, have a 10 year warranty.
What a BAD deal that is!
By the time you pay the shipping both ways, for a Battery Tender Plus, (to/from Deltran) you could buy a new Battery Minder for less money !
As my Battery Tender Plus, or Battery Tender Jr. units fail,( and they do) I just throw them away !

Last edited:
   / Battery Charger / Desulphator - BatteryMINDer 12117 $25 - (& comparison to Ebay junk) #37  

The price for the Battery Minder is CURRENTLY $25 !
When I bought my 4 Battery Minders they were $35+
I bought my Battery Tender Jr's. for $19.95.
Now that they are $25, I will obviously only buy Battery Minders, if replacements may be needed.

It would not be practical for me to use a Tender or Minder for more than one battery at a time.
The batteries are all in different pieces of equipment, and it would be a major nuisance to remove them.
No two of my batteries are of the same size/rating.
I need to leave my batteries connected to a charger/minder individually, because I am away for months, and thus could not possibly change the charger from one battery to another.

Same issue about the multiple battery thing for me. Batteries are different sizes and capacities and on pieces of equipment that can't be stored real close to each other. But that's fine, since my Battery Tender Jr. units are working wonderfully and I already own them. And, as I said, regardless of whether de-sulphating is good or not I apparently can get by quite well without it. So life is good!

Rob

/ Battery Charger / Desulphator - BatteryMINDer 12117 $25 - (& comparison to Ebay junk) #38  

Same issue about the multiple battery thing for me. Batteries are different sizes and capacities and on pieces of equipment that can't be stored real close to each other. But that's fine, since my Battery Tender Jr. units are working wonderfully and I already own them. And, as I said, regardless of whether de-sulphating is good or not I apparently can get by quite well without it. So life is good!

If you keep a battery charged up, it doesn't get sulfated in the first place.

/ Battery Charger / Desulphator - BatteryMINDer 12117 $25 - (& comparison to Ebay junk) #39  

If you keep a battery charged up, it doesn't get sulfated in the first place.

Exactly! That's the Battery Tender doing its job!

Rob