Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes?

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #1  

Old Red

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 HDC
Was wondering how many of you run your grapple from your rear remotes? On my BX I have the 3rd function diverter valve. On my 5740 I am debating dropping the thousand bucks for the 3rd function....but then I was thinking maybe I would just use the rear remotes for now?

The 5740 will not be "grappling" much.

How much $ are hoses?

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #2  
I have hydraulic hoses running from my rear remotes up to the FEL to power my grapple and hydraulic auger. I would prefer to have more rear remotes and one set dedicated to the FEL...but cost and sloth have inhibited me from making that modification.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #3  
I did for about 3.2 minutes!

When I realized, if I was going to get anything done with any decent speed working with MY grapple, I needed the control of it MUCH more handy that using my rear remotes...

So now, years later, I don't feel the sting of spending the money to do it right, at all!

SR

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #5  
I do. It works fine for me because the rear remote lever is "handy" and it was low cost. I had about $150 in hoses and couplers. Don't forget you will want a set of couplings at the center so you can still take off your loader without removing your hoses.

Attachments

• bungee hose 2.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 348
  • bungee hose 1.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 315
  • IMG_20160919_132838115.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 274
  • in use.jpg
    in use.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 435
  • DSCF0527.JPG
    DSCF0527.JPG
    463.1 KB · Views: 454
  • DSCF0515.JPG
    DSCF0515.JPG
    460.8 KB · Views: 464
  • DSCF0514.JPG
    DSCF0514.JPG
    485.3 KB · Views: 494
  • DSCF0512.JPG
    DSCF0512.JPG
    463 KB · Views: 424
  • DSCF0548.JPG
    DSCF0548.JPG
    486.9 KB · Views: 435
   / Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #6  
I ran my grapple for years from the rear remotes. I did not find it that problematic especially for occasional use or where you have a lot of travel time between grab and dump. My FEL control lever is pretty high and sometimes I would reach across with my left hand to control that while my right hand controlled the remote at my right thigh. Very doable, but having a one hand control is much better for more than occasional use or working tight quarters where grab/dump cycles are quick.

gg

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #7  
Yes, I use a rear remote for my grapple and my FEL blade. It works just fine for me.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #8  
I think the key takeaway here as some of us are doing fine with our rear remotes control lever and some of us didn't care for the way it operates is that some of the remote levers are easy to reach and some are not. On mine, it was OK in its stock configuration, but I lengthened it 4 inches and now I can keep my hand on the main joystick and still operate the remote lever with fingers. You can read about that mode below if you like.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ion-control-valve-lever.html?highlight=remote

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #10  
It should be illegal its so painfully slow

That would be incorrect. If your operating handle is convenient to use (like mine) it works very well, very rapidly and very conveniently. If your operating valve handle is inconvenient to use, I would see you point. But don't make generalizations, some of us are getting along very well with ours, and see no reason to change to any other method.