Landscaping Insurance

/ Landscaping Insurance #1  

screamin400

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 2538, 2016 Mahindra 2655, 2017 CaseIH 75C, 2021 CaseIH 110c., 2020 Kubota svl 65-2, 2022 Kubota svl 75-2
I do gravel driveways for a living. I am expanding out into full time landscaping. I am getting insurance quotes but not really sure what is good and what is not. Here is what I have from my agent:

General Liability Coverage Part
Coverage Limits
General Liability - Each Occurrence $500,000
Personal & Advertising Injury $500,000
Medical Payments $5,000 per person
Damage to Premises Rented to You $500,000
General Aggregate $1,000,000
Products - Completed Operations Aggregate $1,000,000
Operations Number of Employees
000190 Landscape Gardening 1 full-time
Policy Optional Coverages
Coverage Deductible Limits
Contractors Equipment - Miscellaneous Equipment, Comprehensive $200 $44,000
Property - Additional Coverages:
Accounts Receivable $0 $5,000 Included
Ammonia Contamination $0 $25,000 Included
Arson Reward $0 $7,500 Included
Check Forgery and Alteration $200 $1,000 Included
Counterfeit Money $50 $500 per workday Included
Debris Removal $5,000 + 5% of Cov 1 & 2 Included
Demolition Cost $0 $15,000 Included
Expenses for Loss Adjustment $0 $1,000 Included
Expenses for Security $0 $2,500 Included
Exterior Signs, Lights and Clocks $100 $5,000 Included
Fire Department Service Charge $0 All Reasonable Charges Included
Fire Extinguisher Recharge $0 All Reasonable Charges Included
Money and Securities $200 $2,000 Included
Newly Acquired or Constructed Property - Buildings* Amount Up to $500,000 Included
Newly Acquired Property - Business Personal Property* Up to $250,000 Included
Non-Owned Detached Trailers* $5,000 Included
Peak Season Coverage* 25% of BPP Included
Personal Articles* $2,500 Included
Pollutants Clean Up and Removal $10,000 Included
Property in Danger* any 斗oss to covered prop Included
Temporarily Off-Premises - BPP and PPO* $15,000 Included
Valuable Papers & Records $0 $5,000 Included
*Coverage applies if Building and/or Business Personal Property exists. See FS 00-01 for details
General Liability - Extensions of Coverage:
Attorneys Fees $100 for arrest Included
Bail Bonds $500 per bond Included
Elevator Liability Included
Fire Legal Liability Included
Host Liquor Liability Included
Non-Owned Automobile and/or Hired Auto Liability * Included
Non-Owned Watercraft Included
Incidental Medical Malpractice Included
Owners and Contractors Protective Liability Included
Volunteer Workers - Medical Payments Included
Coverage Premium
Property Coverage Part:
Glass and Lettering included
Mechanical and Electrical Breakdown included
Property and Inland Marine Optional Coverages $329.00
General Liability Coverage Part $801.00
Total Quote Premium $1,130.00

I would think for a one man show this should be fine. I have a few days as not picking up my new tractor until next week. Do you guys in the know see any issues here. No, I have no interest in another company. Thanks for taking a look.

/ Landscaping Insurance #2  
Are you or have you formed an LLC? That will help insulate your personal assets from attachment if something goes sideways. The way that looks to me you have $500,000K in coverage for about $1100.00. You should also look at an umbrella policy.

My wife teaches horseback riding. We have $1M in insurance for her for around $1300 a year. Then we have another $1M umbrella that covers both of us and it is like $250/yr. It only kicks in if the original $1M is exhausted that is why it is so cheap.

So I would get as low of a general policy as I could and then get an umbrella. Our umbrella requires us to carry the $1M policy.

The other thing to look at is how much premium increase is there to bump that policy from $500K to $1M. The cost will NOT double, not even close.

/ Landscaping Insurance
Are you or have you formed an LLC? That will help insulate your personal assets from attachment if something goes sideways. The way that looks to me you have $500,000K in coverage for about $1100.00. You should also look at an umbrella policy.

My wife teaches horseback riding. We have $1M in insurance for her for around $1300 a year. Then we have another $1M umbrella that covers both of us and it is like $250/yr. It only kicks in if the original $1M is exhausted that is why it is so cheap.

So I would get as low of a general policy as I could and then get an umbrella. Our umbrella requires us to carry the $1M policy.

The other thing to look at is how much premium increase is there to bump that policy from $500K to $1M. The cost will NOT double, not even close.

I am thinking this is a bare bones number. My wife is looking into an llc now. I have two business right now and am out of time. She will have to take care of that. 1 million sounds about where I am thinking I should be

/ Landscaping Insurance #4  
My general liability is about $500 a year. I am not sure it is apples to apples though. It is through progressive.

/ Landscaping Insurance
My general liability is about $500 a year. I am not sure it is apples to apples though. It is through progressive.

Wow that is cheap. Is that contractor insurance or homeowner? I would love a price like that.

/ Landscaping Insurance #6  
Contractor. I till,mow and grade but no digging more than 6 inches or so.

/ Landscaping Insurance #7  
I know you stated that you are not interested in another company but I would recommend getting quotes from multiple carriers. Not all insurance companies are competitive in the same area of insurance. Sometimes it pays to shop around. Sometimes it pays very well.

/ Landscaping Insurance #8  
I know you stated that you are not interested in another company but I would recommend getting quotes from multiple carriers. Not all insurance companies are competitive in the same area of insurance. Sometimes it pays to shop around. Sometimes it pays very well.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Landscaping Insurance

I understand what your saying but I finally found an agent I like who handles everything for me. We shop insurance every Feb to make sure I do not want to make a move. If I have two insurance co and my pole barn burns with my tractor in it who pays? If the tractor fell off my trailer and my truck has a diff ins. co. who pays? I prefer one co.

/ Landscaping Insurance #10  
I have a $1M policy, including excavation, for under $500 a year. I would not go into this with less than $1M per incident, liability. I also would make sure you get excavation. If you're disturbing the ground, you're excavating.