L6060 - 80 hours (+) on the clock looking back...

/ L6060 - 80 hours (+) on the clock looking back... #1  

Sapper50

Tractor
Kubota L6060
Thoughts and a quick review of my Kubota L6060 now with just over 80 hours on the clock.

What I ordered:
6060 HST, 4-1 bucket, added 3 hydro to the rear, top and tilt installed, sun canopy, Industrial tires, filled with beet juice.
Land Pride Implements:
  • Quick Hitch
  • Box Blade
  • Disc Harrow
  • PTO Tiller
  • RS15 Single tooth ripper (sub-soiler)
  • Landscape rake (with grader blade and wheels)

Jobs it will face (Initially)
Clearing virgin land for horse pasture = (heavy initial clearing completed by Case 450 dozer)
Rock removal
Discing
Tilling
leveling and drainage
then normal pasture set (lime, fertilizer, seed)​

MX track construction and all things related.

After a TON of research I went with the Kubota clearly for the history of the brand, reviews here, resale (if i ever have to),
Reviews and everyone here? = make sure I brought enough tractor to the party for the dirt work and related
Went with the focus of "buy once, cry once" get it once, do it right and be done
and.....the ONE common theme in all reviews on 'Which Tractor do I Buy" = buy enough tractor, and what sealed the deal was an amazing local small town dealer in Yelm Wa.

Why the L6060
HP for the dirt work
Seat (suspension and 15 degree turn - paratrooper in Army and broke L10 and L11 so seat was key and I priced them separate to add after)
Tilt wheel (Im 6'3" and on the Non Grand L rigs, with the seat all the way back I was pitched forward to get to the wheel to operate = nope, won't do that - even with my ape arms.
this model puts the PTO HP and rig HP into the realm of ag tractors in our area which if I ever have to sell, greatly expands the market.
and
Controls location for the FEL
Refuel location
4 neighbors have these 'smaller' tractors and when I asked them their #1 lesson they ALL said - dont do what I do and think a small tractor will be enough = get enough tractor !!!!

Remorse, failures, issues:
None, zero in 80 hours.
Absolutely ZERO buyers remorse with the rig, the build, power, quality etc etc. Not sure I could be happier with the purchase.
It has done absolutely everything I have asked for it and then some

Favorite implement:
4-1 bucket - this thing is MONEY. :D:D:D
After sub-soiling and some of the clearing various 'mini-cooper' sized rocks abound on the property - Mr Glacier dropped a lot of its baggage around a 'few' years ago. the 4-1 is perfect - open, push a bit and close down, pick and move and pile em up. Those that the 4-1 clamshell cant get around I simply do the normal FEL push and tilt. (use the rocks for bases for jumps on the track)
Have a lot of junk trees on the property - black cotton wood, nasty things with fairly (usually) crappy root systems. I cut them off at about the 3 foot level (use the 4-1 to transport and stack to burn piles, then use the 4-1 to rip the remainder out of the ground, and do the same to the burn pile. :thumbsup:
Dumping dirt and rocks EXACTLY where I want it and the ability with the clamshell to meter out the soil as I more (or horse bedding/shavings/manure) is fantastic.

2nd favorite implement/feature
Top and Tilt set up with the quick hitch.
On all of the 3 point implements, and the frequency of how many times I swap out during the work session, the ability to fine tune each implement for the task at hand (without manually adjusting various 3 point settings) and lining up to connect/swap out attachments has probably saved me having to purchase a new step at this point and the related crawling up and down out of the operators compartment. The speed at which I can swap implements and then fine tune, on the fly, 3 point attachments while working or transport to and from worksite is simply priceless. I wouldn't have a fraction of the amount of work completed if I didnt have the 3 point (and supporting quick hitch). Period - the time savings and flexibility the combined system provides is a MUST have.

Next up = Box blade.
Virgin dirt, never been worked, was old growth forest, logged, then sat and sold for real estate.
Doing a lot of leveling and scarifying the dirt so I can level etc and of course the box blade
For what I am doing in the pasture and then MX track (jumps etc) is to run the teeth in the lowest full extended position.
I tilt the box full forward, rippers down and loosen my work area, as I am rolling to the end of the section, use the top and tilt to lower the rear blade down, rock the HST pedal to reverse and push - amazing the amount of dirt work I can do with this method, and fast with the HST - and using a combo of the 3 point lift and the tilt function - can effectively float fill any areas or build up areas quite smoothly as I push (building jump faces or filling low spots in pasture)

Regens:
I have had I believe 4 regens in the 83 or so hours on the rig, but after the very first one I haven't noticed them as I routinely run the hand throttle up to about 2100 RPMs and work the tractor from that point so the regens happen and honestly if I dont notice the regen icon on the dash, it goes on with no impact = bottom line, no issue.

Oil change and HST filter change at 50 hours.
No issues here either, simple and straight forward.
Purchased the Kubota filters for oil and HST, I use Shell Rotella T full synth (blue jug) in everything I own and its now in the 6060. The motor is a bit quieter on start up with the Shell I did notice.
No issues getting the filters off etc.
Topped off about 1/2 gallon of Kubota hydro oil with the change to get it up to level/spec.
While the oil was draining, I used that time to do another 100% around the tractor grease (I purchased a 'lock and load' grease gun tip = wow, I wish I had one years ago!)

What am I going to add to it?
Right now - lights
I have 4 LED floods, two front, two rear that I am going to make brackets for and get set up. With the FEL, stock headlights are useless while operating and moving unless the bucket it high -

Lots more to add but will keep it short and sweet (for me at least) :laughing:

Sapper

View attachment 544083View attachment 544084View attachment 544085View attachment 544086

Attachments

• IMG_3675.png
    IMG_3675.png
    722 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3707.png
    IMG_3707.png
    638.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3718.png
    IMG_3718.png
    513.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    525.5 KB · Views: 128
   / L6060 - 80 hours (+) on the clock looking back... #2  
Great write up, you should include it in the reviews if they still have them, I really like my L5740.

/ L6060 - 80 hours (+) on the clock looking back... #3  
Congratulations on your great experience!!

I had decided to buy a Kubota L6060 cab model, but had poor experiences with multiple Kubota dealers. Glad yours has worked out!! It's a very nice machine.

/ L6060 - 80 hours (+) on the clock looking back... #4  
Keep your box blade (or whatever) as low as possible when doing heavy loader work, you want a very low center of gravity for stability.

/ L6060 - 80 hours (+) on the clock looking back... #5  
You need a Grapple. Then your favorite list would change. :D

/ L6060 - 80 hours (+) on the clock looking back... #6  
You need a Grapple. Then your favorite list would change. :D
Absolutely!! My grapple is my very favorite tractor implement out of many. The only thing it doesn't do is haul stuff smaller than the distance between the tines.