Much faster

/ Much faster #1  

rustyshakelford

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 5100E/H260/MX15
Tractor was finally ready to come home after being at the shop since the 1st. Normally I will hook up my trailer, drive to the dealer, load and chain everything down and drive home. The dealer is only about 16 miles away. I was getting it and the batwing that had a wing cylinder seal replaced. I ended up having a buddy carry me to the dealer and drove it home. It took me 40 mins to come home vs about an hour and a half when all things are considered with hooking and unhooking the Trailer and the load/unload time. I don稚 think I知 going to be hauling much anymore after this.

Itç—´ a option for those that live close and don稚 want to mess with a trailer especially if youæ±*e in a rural area

Brett

Attachments

• 024B28EF-A5B2-4370-B0EF-CFB3B8D87475.jpeg
    024B28EF-A5B2-4370-B0EF-CFB3B8D87475.jpeg
    689.3 KB · Views: 291
   / Much faster #4  
The Kubota dealer is only 3 miles from my house. Would be an easy drive home on all back roads except about 0.3 miles.

Mahindra/New Holland dealer is a little farther...about 18 miles but he's located along a semi-limited access highway.

/ Much faster #5  
Getting to the Kubota dealer would mean driving about 18 miles on I-90. I don't like I-90 - even when driving in my pickup. Then I would have to navigate thru downtown Spokane. I'm sure the operation would offend somebodies delicate sensibilities.

/ Much faster #6  
Getting to the Kubota dealer would mean driving about 18 miles on I-90. I don't like I-90 - even when driving in my pickup. Then I would have to navigate thru downtown Spokane. I'm sure the operation would offend somebodies delicate sensibilities.

It must suck living with so many snowflakes around!

/ Much faster #7  
Isn't a paved road hard on tractor tires? Just wondering?

/ Much faster #8  
That speedo readout must be showing KPH as that deere surely doesn't do 25.3 MPH. :)

/ Much faster

Not as bad as you would think. If youæ±*e ever on agtalk thereç—´ guys that will road a tractor up to 250 miles to help bring an impliment home to Save on shipping especially if itç—´ ovesized. Same thing with moving equipment around or something bought at auction.

That speedo readout must be showing KPH as that deere surely doesn't do 25.3 MPH. :)

That痴 one of the perks to the 24/12 trans. It値l run pretty good out on the road. MPH all day!

Brett

/ Much faster #10  

Some brands of tractor tires wear much better on paved roads than others. My JD 4255 (11,600 hrs) with radial Continental rear tires has been driven on paved roads over a 1000 miles in the last 20 yrs performing custom baling with little noticeable wear. A lot of times the cleats will begin to wear uneven & form cups but not on these tires. I'll try to remember to post a photo of my rear tires later today.