Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees
Thanks gentlemen, much appreciated.

There is still a good frozen snow cover in the wood here. I’ll work on it slowly, maybe making test pulling by the top.

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #22  
If you use the skidding cone idea hook that log to the draw bar if you can. I would be much safer if it got hung up.

gg

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #23  
There was no such thing as a Grand L when I bought it. Grand L wasn't invented yet. It is a year 2000 tractor.

gg

The xx10 series was the "grand" L line of it's day. Maybe they didn't have the name, but if you check tractordata you can see a clear split between the lighter capacity L3000 and your L3010.

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #25  
The xx10 series was the "grand" L line of it's day. Maybe they didn't have the name, but if you check tractordata you can see a clear split between the lighter capacity L3000 and your L3010.

You are right! The L3010 and L3000 both existed in 2000 but there was no Grand tractors back then. I mistakenly thought the Grand L series and the L3000 series came much later and didn't realize there was such a difference in capability. I believe that they (Tractor Data) added the "grand" to the L3010 retroactively. Glad you straightened me out. Didn't mean to be so pig-headed - sorry.

gg

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #26  
They must have changed the L series. The older ones like my 30 hp L3010 are heavier and stronger. Mine weighs 5000 lbs the way it

You are comparing a Grand L to an (economy) L. My L3200 weighed 2,500lbs & was the same frame as a 38 hp L3800 or now 39hp L3901. My new L4060 weighs 5,000lbs with 40hp. The same frame is used on the L3560 (35hp) up to the L6060 (60hp). The Grands are a nicer machine that weigh almost double the economy machines. Optional cabs, nicer transmissions, nicer seats, electronics & price tags as well. Just different caliber machines.

All weights were with loaders & loaded rears & off the top of my head.

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #27  
You are right! The L3010 and L3000 both existed in 2000 but there was no Grand tractors back then. I mistakenly thought the Grand L series and the L3000 series came much later and didn't realize there was such a difference in capability. I believe that they (Tractor Data) added the "grand" to the L3010 retroactively. Glad you straightened me out. Didn't mean to be so pig-headed - sorry.

gg
There is no "Grand" in the model name. It's mostly a marketing & branding distinction. Surprisingly accurate for marketing stuff. There isn't an economy in the name for the small machines either, but many refer to them that way. The comparable JD machines use to start with an E, which may or may not have stood for economy.

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees
Yep I tried the skidding cone, it helped. Managed 2 midsize logs on the winch and 1with the cone. Was ok, because there was a good snow-ice floor.

My property is 100 acres, 20 pasture, 40 mix wood mainly fir and 40 sugarbush. I was thinking about buying a log trailer with grapple but was concerned about the right size to buy to be a good fit with the tractor.

Now it’s getting worst: I’m asking myself if I have the good tractor size.

What do you guys think about it ?

For now the logtrailer buy is on the ice until I make my mind on the tractor.

Thanks again

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #29  
I have a very similar sized tractor to you. On about a tenth of the ground. Now, acreage isn't everything. You need to list out your tasks and figure out how large of a tractor you need to do the majority of them with reasonable efficiency, with the understanding that anything that you can't do with your tractor you'll need to rent equipment for/hire done at some point.

I would not want to deal with 20 acres of pasture with a 5' or 6' brush cutter and no cab. You're already feeling the limitations of a standard L when logging. I have no idea what you have that you're calling sugarbush, a quick google shows only a plant native to Arizona and southern California, so I don't know what you want to do with it.

In short, I like the size tractor you have for smaller tasks and landscaping. It is not enough iron(in my opinion), for all of the tasks you seem to have. Something like a Kubota M7060 or a Case 75C would be ideal for the more demanding tasks. I'd keep the L3800 as a second tractor/cart hauler/chore tractor.

Having both woods and pasture makes it hard to recommend cab or no cab. Some here have a cab and don't have any issues with getting plenty of timber down. Others have horror stories. Others still will say to put the pasture to work and raise some food!

I think having a tractor at all is a good thing, because even if you get frustrated, have to slow down or take smaller bites at jobs, you're still getting work done. This gives you some breathing room for running the numbers and figuring out how much tractor you need, and if you can afford that size of machine and the implements to go with it.

Just my :twocents:

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #30  
Yep I tried the skidding cone, it helped. Managed 2 midsize logs on the winch and 1with the cone. Was ok, because there was a good snow-ice floor.

My property is 100 acres, 20 pasture, 40 mix wood mainly fir and 40 sugarbush. I was thinking about buying a log trailer with grapple but was concerned about the right size to buy to be a good fit with the tractor.

Now it痴 getting worst: I知 asking myself if I have the good tractor size.

What do you guys think about it ?

For now the logtrailer buy is on the ice until I make my mind on the tractor.

Thanks again
Plan A> If you have enough $$$$ buy a bigger tractor with more 3 point lift, Plan C> get a DC 10-12000lb winch from HF, Plan C> wait for the ice to melt so you can get the log trailer out.
IMG-0395.JPG