Foriegn brand tractors

/ Foriegn brand tractors #1  

gwende

Has anyone herd of Workhorse tractors?

I've looked at JD, the salesman was a creep, I'm not giving those people one thin dime. I'm partial to New Holland, but the local dealer wants $18000 for a TC21 w/loader. Too much.
There's lots of good deals on used equipment out there, but I'd really like something new. In Phoenix we have three options for foreign brand tractors: Kioti, Mahindra, and Workhorse (I specifically omitted Kubota, they cost as much as as the domestic brands.). If the domestic brand tractors are all made in Japan, China, or India anyway, why do they cost twice as much? Is there an appreciable difference in quality? I appreciate any help y'all can offer.
Thanks.

/ Foriegn brand tractors #2  
good evening,
if you can, take a look at the CENTURY 2535...i don't what you are trying to do, but for acreage under 15-20, this is a great unit /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ..........the package price i got for a 2535, fel, 5' bush hog, 5' box blade, 16' trailer with ramps and load straps, 16450 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif r4's 350 exchange....prettry good deal after looking at all the rest(jd, kub, nh, mahindra, agco)....plus the dealer wanted my bidness even tho i am 60 miles away.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

good luck,
bluebonnet2

/ Foriegn brand tractors #3  
I have a brand new Kioti CK20. Awesome machine for the $17,000+ for the Tractor, FEL and Backhoe. Go take a serious look at Kioti. You'll be glad you did. G

/ Foriegn brand tractors
There's no Century dealer in AZ. I wouldn't have a problem buying from out of state, if there were local dealer support. That's why we've limited our choices to what we've found locally.

/ Foriegn brand tractors
We're considering Kioti, we got a really good quote from the dealer, unfortunately they are the furthest away. The one AZ dealer is about 2 hours from my house. If that's where I have to go to get the best deal, so be it. But, we're considering stuff here in town (Laveen) first. 2 hours is a long drive when your chores aren't done, and the tractor's out crippled in the yard.

/ Foriegn brand tractors #6  
Understandable. My dealer is at least an hours drive from my house. I would talk to them about the types of service they offer. They may be willing to haul your machine as my dealer has done for me. I don't have a trailer (yet). Keep us posted. Good luck. G

/ Foriegn brand tractors #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If the domestic brand tractors are all made in Japan, China, or India )</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Foriegn brand tractors #8  
Some food for thought on your research, except for Cub Cadets 5000 series, there is no such thing as a truly domestic tractor, and Kubota turns out to be a more american company than some of the "american" companies.

If your partial to NH why don't you spend some time shopping around. The price that you where given is about full list, you should be able to do much better elsewhere.

/ Foriegn brand tractors #9  
If not already, it will no longer be politically correct to label tractors as either 'domestic' or 'foreign'.

If push comes to shove however, the 'domestic' tractor has been extinct for a good while.

There ARE still some machines being assembled here in N. America though.

/ Foriegn brand tractors #10  
It looks like there's a Branson dealer near Phoenix - you might check them out. Same tractor as the Century, different distributor. See their web page for a dealer listing and other information.

Also, check the Zetor/Century/Branson forum here on TBN for more information and owner input.