Foriegn brand tractors

/ Foriegn brand tractors #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Rambler,
Are you aware that John Deere is in a tractor manufacturing venture in China ? Ford and GM are also involved in manufacturing ventures over there, Jeep as well. I wonder how many Chinese parts are going into the green tractors and the "US built" auto's. Something to think about.

The Korean made tractors seem to be about as good as any other foreign built. or the assembled in USA with mostly foreign parts.

I would buy a Korean tractor before I would buy a rebranded Fiat tractor as sold by NH.

)</font>

Yes I am, hence my belief that China will improve it's overall manufaturing & quality of these items as time moves on.

Currently, China is using it's small tractor production facilities to dump cheap tractors into the marketplace, with little thought to fit & finish or quality or parts support.

Japan went through this same process with autos about 40 years ago. Dumped very poor, very cheap cars into our market. They now produce some of the best quality, best supported autos available for a mid-stream price.

I'm sure China will follow that same model, and will someday be known as a leader in tractor quality. Partnerships like JD & GMC will only make this happen faster.

But not today.

Today, we are in the 'build many, build cheap, create turnover, don't worry about product support' phase.

As to Korean & other nationalities, they make fairly good stuff, but have far less of a dealer network & parts depot in this country. This is important if you depend upon your equipment for income, not so important if it is a hobby machine for you. But in any event, less dealer support & parts sources means a slightly less valuable piece of iron. Even if it is reasonably about the same as a NH, Kubota, or JD.

--->Paul

/ Foriegn brand tractors #22  
I'm well aware that there is no connection between Kioti (Daedong) and Kubota - my point was that they are the only two that I know of that make and sell their own stuff. I feel that to be an advantage. Some of their attachments are re-badged.

JD probably has the highest "Made in USA" content, but I'm not that sure how much of it is really designed or manufactured here. It will depend on if you consider final assembly to be manufacturing or not. It does appear that JD is moving toward more US content, at least US designed engines, and I am happy to see it.

I like Fords and FIATs, so I have no problem with NH either. I like MF too, the MF231 still has a little of the TO20's blood in it (made in Poland now, I think?), even if MF is becoming mostly just a brand name.

The purchace of a tractor is a major investment, we're all trying to make a wise purchace, but we all look at it a bit diferently. There are a lot of variables - purchace price, resale, factory service & support, dealer service & support, power/size/capability, features, etc. On top of that, if you plan on keeping it for a long time, you have to try to guess if the company you are buying from will still be there to support you in the future. Of all of these things, I think blind brand loyalty is the least important thing of all, especially when we know these tractors are built all over the world from parts made everywhere.

/ Foriegn brand tractors #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( we're all trying to make a wise purchase )</font>

Which is why it is best to try to nail down accurate info. No one wants to sit still and listen to a dealer that says "Kioti is really Kubota..."

As for blind brand loyalty:

1. I AM blind, do you have a problem with that?

2. I went out shopping for a great tractor, one that wouldn't end up an orphan, and got my best deal on a Deere. I had a hard time choosing between it, a NH and a Kub. Why not Kioti? I work for a dealership that was trying out selling Daewoos, when the company got sucked into GM and all the great warranties went poof. I am not suggesting that will happen to Kioti, but at that time I wouldn't take the chance.

But now that I have a Deere, I have experienced great service and a great product. I am getting to know both very well, and it gets annoying to see misinformation, just like "Kubota is Kioti"
I personally tend to look at Deere first for my new equipment now, because the company and the dealer have earned my business.

I really like the Kiotis that I see, btw. Especially the slope hood, we don't wanna look like Kubota ones...

/ Foriegn brand tractors #24  
d00D - The only one here to say "Kioti is Kubota" is you.

HE said (twice now) he liked the fact that Kioti AND Kubota make what they sell!!

/ Foriegn brand tractors #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Still more Massey Ferguson's on the job than any other tractor in the world )</font>

You counting only massey ferguson? or also ford/ferguson, and just plain ferguson? Waht about massey harris?

Soundguy

/ Foriegn brand tractors #26  
I am using that as an example of how stupid some misinformation is....

/ Foriegn brand tractors #27  
very distracting post that says pretty much nothing.

Not even sure what was asked anymore as it is all lost in the brand wars and flaming each others brands.

as for PAUL stating that maybe in 20 or 30 years that CHINAS stuff will be up to par, I think you are dead wrong. they are pretty much tere now and ot all depends on the brand that you buy. sure the JINMAS are very inexpensive but with solid materials even if the workmen ship has a few glitches, states side support is way up in just the last 12 months. same goes for knolage base for working on them. Still no support network like DEERE but then they cost 1/2 or 13 the price too...

To all others.

I own a JINMA so I can speak to the machines ability. If you don't have one then don't flame them cause you don't know how good or bad they are...

Mine does have it's problems, the fit finish is less than the 1st/2nd tier tractors. no biggie to me, I DON'T WAX IT! I WORK IT. yes it is a clutch and gear drive. so what so are millions other tractors. HYDRO would be nice but not needed for actual work. Shuttle Shift is now available and I MAY get one next year or two and sell my now 3 yr old JINMA.

As for production china makes more tractors than the rest of the world combined! granted they are sold in europe or south america but they are building a lot of them. they are actually getting a large share in states now for the CUT size units. One reason that DEERE and NH took some STATE SIDEW dealers to court for "TRADE DRESS LAW SUITS" ya DEERE thinks they should OWN the color GREEN and NH wants to own BLUE... MAN that is pretty bad huh...

anyhow just my 2 cents worth of flaming /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mark M

/ Foriegn brand tractors #28  
Really like the sloped hood on those new JDs too......

/ Foriegn brand tractors #29  
I still think you should check out Kubota. They are very good qaulity and powerful machines and i think you get alot of bang for your buck.

/ Foriegn brand tractors #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I know that most "domestic" tractors are made overseas. I only use domestic vs. foriegn as a practical means of segregation. )</font>

huh? Puzzling.