The biggest advantage of Shuttle Shift

/ The biggest advantage of Shuttle Shift #21  
I think we have all done that on the one pedal garden tractors especially the little JD STX 38 gear which looks like it is a hydro until you don't press the clutch and it takes off right away! Mind you they do offer a hydro in this model and everything looks the same at a quick glance.

/ The biggest advantage of Shuttle Shift #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( did you ever notice that, after doing a few hours of work with the tractor, you use the turn-signal in your car to change directions )</font>

Nope. But I have looked over my shoulder to check the back blade. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Steve

/ The biggest advantage of Shuttle Shift #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( On my NH TN75D with electro hydraulic power shuttle (16F, 16R) you have a normal clutch and you also have a forward, neutral, reverse lever on the steering column like a turn signal lever. )</font>

That doesn't usuall happen to me. I do have trouble on road with the turn signal being on right. also the number of things that lever does, turn signal, any number of lights and horn. the thing that usually gets me is that if you put it in either forward or reverse before you pick a gear, it automatically disengages and you have to put the lever back in forward or reverse. Many times the tractor didn't move and it took me a few seconds to figure out why /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Andy

Hey Andy, did you ever notice that, after doing a few hours of work with the tractor, you use the turn-signal in your car to change directions /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ? There's been a few times where I'm in a hurry, put my car into reverse, and then hit the turn-signal lever like I'm trying to make a right turn - and I have a brief panic moment because my car keeps going in reverse. )</font>

/ The biggest advantage of Shuttle Shift
Here's another one - I drove a BMW 2002 across the country once - turn signals on the RIGHT. I can't tell you how long it took to de-program myself from that one!

/ The biggest advantage of Shuttle Shift #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I drove a BMW 2002 across the country once - turn signals on the RIGHT )</font>

And how many times did you spray the windshield while doing it? (Been there, done that.) /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tim

/ The biggest advantage of Shuttle Shift #26  
<font color="blue"> Poster: Richard
Subject: Re: The biggest advantage of Shuttle Shift

While this subject is up...

I'm trying to better understand shuttle shift on these tractors that have them.

On Brutus (which isn't a cut), I have a stalk on the left side of steering wheel, much like a turn signal lever. I simply click this forward/middle/backwards and the machine is in forward/neutral/reverse. No clutching, no worries, no "pulling" (like a GST). Just the tip of my little finger is enough to flick this back/forth and all the rest is done electronically.

</font>

I rented a large NH wheel loader recently (LW130) and it was similiar to what you describe on Brutus. In addition to simply flipping the lever to change directions if you rotated the collar on that lever you could change speed ranges. Next to the loader controls for the right hand there was also another small push button which, when depressed, would alternate between "automatic" transmission behavior and first range (if the left hand collar was set properly). In addition to this the throttle was also controlled by the right foot.

Overall a nice setup for this type of work.