Top and Tilt Regrets?

/ Top and Tilt Regrets? #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
I am for some reason having difficulty ordering parts for a T&T setup. I know I want to do it...I think I know what I want to buy to "do it myself." I even had my wife pick up weld on ends for the top cylinder when she was visiting a friend near a TSC the other day.

Everyone seems to speak highly of their T&T setups and I got the impression they are as good or better than having a tooth bar...

Anybody wish they had not spent the money for their T&T? Would you rather have put the funds towards something else?

For about a week I have went to bed thinking "tomorrow morning I will place the calls to get what I need in the pipeline..."

Tonight I am going to bed saying the same thing! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Anyone want to put their boots on and come over and kick me where It will put me into action? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I can't believe it is taking me so long to act on this... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Top and Tilt Regrets? #2  
Why do it? You can always rent something that will do it? You probably have a neighbor with a HUGE top and tilt that will come running whenever you call? Do you REALLY NEED TnT?

/ Top and Tilt Regrets? #3  
There, did that kick you? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Top and Tilt Regrets? #4  
No regrets whatsoever. Best $900 investment I made for the tractor and I haven't yet realized all of it's potential.

Henro, sit down, have a couple of cold Iron Cities, and order the parts. Call CCM. Call Integration Engineering. Call Surplus Center for the valve. Go to hydraulichosefittings.com for the hoses. Get it over with before you get an ulcer. Then have another cold Iron City.

Have fun.

/ Top and Tilt Regrets? #5  
Hi Henro,

Start small. Order the remotes and just get the HTL and see how convenient it is. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Top and Tilt Regrets? #6  
<font color="blue"> Iron City </font>

Wow! Long time since I heard those words!

/ Top and Tilt Regrets? #7  
I love mine. Worth every penny and hour of labor.

I do admit that I find the top link useful always, and the side link very useful in some cases, neutral in some, and actually detrimental in some. I've now taken to only putting the side link on when needed, which is for grading. The problem is that the slide link cylinder drifts position, so an implement that should be level like a mower, chipper, winch, etc. (basically everything except a grader blade or box blade) you need to constantly readjust, so I just put the fixed link back in except for grading.

Peter

/ Top and Tilt Regrets? #8  
What did the $900 include? Can you get all that is needed (given that you have rear outlets) from Integration Engineering? What little I could determine from their web page, one only needs the dual rear outlets. Wondering what their complete unit price is, including both cylinders and their control valve arrangement.

I vacillated over getting my I-Match, and kicked myself for not doing it earlier, and I vacillated over getting the quick-tach forks, and am having a tough time doing without them (friend asked to use them while building a new house, and hasn't brought them back yet. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif But I did loan them to him as he had a need for them. I do too, practically everyday something comes up that I would like to use the forks. Hope he is done with them soon. ) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Top and Tilt Regrets? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anybody wish they had not spent the money for their T&T? )</font>

Not at all; you'll love it.

/ Top and Tilt Regrets? #10  
<font color="blue"> "Can you get all that is needed (given that you have rear outlets) from Integration Engineering? What little I could determine from their web page, one only needs the dual rear outlets. Wondering what their complete unit price is, including both cylinders and their control valve arrangement." </font>

First, let me say I have no connection with Integrated Engineering in any way and am not speaking for them.

That having been said, my understanding is that if you already have hydraulics available at the rear of your tractor, the cost of the complete Terrain Contour Control (their name for top and tilt) from Integrated Engineering complete with <font color="blue"> "all that is needed" </font> is between $1200-$1250 from what I've read in other posts online here.