New to Kabota tractors and need some help.Please

/ New to Kabota tractors and need some help.Please #1  

kabotaed

Tractor
kabota bx25
I have a Kabota BX25 compact tractor that I bought used a couple years ago. I've not had a single issue until I decided to remove my backhoe and mount up a tiller. I'm having trouble getting the pto to engage/disengage. The handle is froze in place, very stuck with no movement at all. I removed the tire and dug out some dirt and rocks then sprayed lubricant on it. Is there some sort of interlock? I've read the manual and followed it to engage it but no luck. Is it possible the lever is rusted/froze? The backhoe was on it for several years without the pto lever ever moving, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

/ New to Kabota tractors and need some help.Please #2  
I've only been using this forum for a couple months, but I believe you would get better responses about Kubota on the Kubota discussion group. You should find it by opening the forum and scrolling to the bottom where it lists specific tractor models. Good luck, it does sound like the PTO is stuck and you should be able to find out the remedy in the Kubota threads. You might even try a search of stuck PTO in the Kubota discussion group.

/ New to Kabota tractors and need some help.Please #3  
There are a bazillion BX owners here.

Someone who has surmounted this PTO problem will reply today.

/ New to Kabota tractors and need some help.Please #4  
I have a Kabota BX25 compact tractor that I bought used a couple years ago. <snip>

First of all I'd like to emphasize it's spelled Kubota.

I think one reason I got my B7610 at such a discount on CL that the guy misspelled Kubota and it didn't turn up in search engines.

Can you wiggle the lever? Did you CAREFULLY follow and lube the path?

My B7610 H-L lever got "hung up" about two years ago where a rod went through a tube, careful spray of lube freed it.

And of course - did it ever work for you? It could have died on the previous owner.

/ New to Kabota tractors and need some help.Please #5  
As was already mentioned... it's more likely than not it's an issue with the external linkage. Lube it up & make sure it all moves freely as step 1. Also, make sure you have the clutch in all the way for a second or 2 before trying to engage the lever.

/ New to Kabota tractors and need some help.Please #6  
More information is needed from Kabotaed. On the BX there is an "engage/disengage" lever and a "rear/both/mid pto" selector. Which one is it that's not working? He doesn't say.

It could be that the selector is on the mid pto setting used for an MMM mower deck, so engaging the pto is still turning the mid pto instead of the rear one. The pto selector on mine has always been a bit catchy because dirt accumulates on the external linkage, particularly if the selector stays on one setting for a while. Regular use + regular cleaning + regular lubing keeps everything working smoothly.

Kabotaed, if you're still paying attentiion to this, what's the situation?