John Deere 4720 tractor won't start

/ John Deere 4720 tractor won't start #1  

JAKAFUTZ

Tractor
John Deere 4720
I have a JD 4720 that cranks over but won't start. The last time it ran was two months ago and started just fine at that time. I've done a ton of research on this forum but haven't been able to figure it out. Most common problems have pointed to the solenoid or the thermistor. I tested every relay and checked all of the fuses and they're all ok. When I turn the key I can hear both the relay and the solenoid click. Many have suggested the thermistor so I pulled out the fuse box and took apart the wiring harness but I don't see anything remotely close to a thermistor. Could it be located elsewhere? Any other suggestions? I'm not an overly technical or mechanical guy but can figure things out fairly well if given a little guidance. Thanks.

/ John Deere 4720 tractor won't start #2  
Is your PTO lever engaged?

/ John Deere 4720 tractor won't start
Good thought but it is not.

/ John Deere 4720 tractor won't start #4  
Has it got a fuel solenoid on the injection pump? I don't know much about the newer Tractors.. Injection pump or heiu injection?

/ John Deere 4720 tractor won't start #5  
Fuel filter plugged? Worth checking.

/ John Deere 4720 tractor won't start #6  
Open the bleed screw on the filter housing while someone cranks it over. Make sure there is no air coming out.

dsb

I had a spare fuel filter so I put that in and bled the air out. Plenty of gas flow so the solenoid is working fine. I think the next step is to check the safety switch. I'm not sure what else it could be.

Checked the safety switch and that is in working order. Any other suggestions?

/ John Deere 4720 tractor won't start #9  
Sounds like you have covered a number of bases. Have you checked the air filter?

/ John Deere 4720 tractor won't start #10  
2.4L?? w/ integrated fuel system.. under the valve cover??
It sounds like the control rack is stuck??
REMOVE the shut off solenoid & reach in the hole & see if you can push/pull the rack..
There are videos online that will show you how it works..
Just google JD 2.4l fuel system..