Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What would you charge....?

Ken Sweet is probably on target. I have a 260' lattice tower on the rear of my warehouse property. It occupies a 50' by 50' piece of land, the cell tower is owned and built by the tenents who rent the land from me, they also deal with the property taxes on that 50'x50'. My rental income on that little patch of land is in excess of $10,000 per year, and the lease scales up the rent every few years.

If I would have built the tower and leased transmission space at various heights on my tower, then the rent would have be CONSIDERABLY higher to an exponential magnitude. However, my investment would have gone from $0.00 on an unused piece of land up to something well into the 6-figures.

I wonder if the utility company owns the cellular tower, of if they own the property the tower is sitting on?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK25HST

I haven't found out the winning bid yet, But I will. I did see the guy who won the bid has a MF 175 with a 7 ' bush hog. He started one day ( not sure what time he started), and finished it on the next day. I was told there were about 10 bids received. Reading another thread, I noticed the average price people are charging is around $45/hr. I think that we are in the same "economically challenged" boat as the fellow from Texas( Bird?). My wife says I bid way too much and she laughed at me. I don't think I was out of line with the bid of $1600, as It would take alot of seat time to mow this place with a 5' bush hog.I actually had the feeling of being too cheap after I thought about wearing out my new tractor on someone else's property. The average price regular grass cutting services charge is $35/hr. Can you Imagine cutting 15 acreas with a murray? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota M8950, Bobcat 873 SSL & Kubota ZD-331

<font color="blue">Around here someone with a tractor enough to run a 15' mower would have a good laugh at the idea of hauling it anywhere, 4 times a year &amp; then working it for $750.00 total. </font>

If a local guy is bidding on it, they would just drive the tractor to the job.

Tractor
    TN70D, 4wd, 16x16 trans

If it was next door I would do it for free.....

Well not exactly, but it would be free to them. I would cut it bale it and sell the hay.

It would be easy since I would just cut it when I cut mine and bale it when I bale mine etc... Only cost to me is a little diesel and my time and I can make that up and some extra on the hay.

Fred

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

<font color="blue"> If a local guy is bidding on it, they would just drive the tractor to the job. </font>

And they would probably line up their jobs so that they could make the rounds and hit them in some kind of order so that they would minimize travel miles. That's called operating a business efficiently. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 325,Gt225,, 110, XUV550S4, Kubota L275

Uh, he has a 5' mower. 1600 dollars is a considerable sum for bush hogging 15 acres four times...

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2004 Mahindra 6000 4x4

15 dollars per acre is common around here, 15 bucks times 15 acres =225 by four times =1000. I would be surprised if it went lower than that, but everything varies by region.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12