Hydrostatic noise

/ Hydrostatic noise #1  

Enidguy

Tractor
NH TZ24DA
I am new to owning a tractor with a hydrostatic transmission, and with about 8 hours on my new purchase I'm very pleased with its operation. My tractor is one of the big three's S-CUTs and was purchased new-my question is how noisy should these transmissions be?

The amount of noise varies considerably with the load on the machine. The greater the load the more noise. The noise consists of whines of various tunes. I'm not concerned that anything is wrong, I was just a little surprised.

You guys with lots of experience-is this normal?

Enidguy

/ Hydrostatic noise #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You guys with lots of experience-is this normal? )</font>

Of course, without hearing it, none of us can say for certainty, but what you say about it makes it sound normal to me. Took awhile for me to get used to the whine, too.

/ Hydrostatic noise #4  
Sounds normal to me. Too bad you don't live in a part of the country where it goes to -30 F in the winter like I do, then you would hear a whine! From the tractor, too. My transmission's noise is still less than my left knee would make if I had to push in a clutch every time I changed gears.

Brad

/ Hydrostatic noise
Thanks for all your input. I didn't really think anything was amiss, it just kind of surprised me a little. Its not that loud or abnoxious-just more and different than I expected.

I'm very glad that I don't live where it gets that cold anymore although it can get very nasty here for short periods of time.

Thanks All

/ Hydrostatic noise #6  
It took me awhile to get use to it on the BX1800 but its normal like Bird said.

/ Hydrostatic noise #7  
Both of my hydrostatic tractors have a distinctive whine. I love it. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Hydrostatic noise #8  
My tractor is four years old. Most 4-year-olds whine when you try to get them to do work. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Hydrostatic noise #9  
My wife's BX2200 whines if the hitch lever is not in neutral. Its supposed to auto-return to neutral, but it doesn't always do that, especially if you have no load at the back.

I just noticed this this weekend when I wrestled the keys off her to I could cut the lawn. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Hydrostatic noise #10  
It sounds unnerving, but it's the right noise to hear.

Boustany - what's this about being a leisure time shooter?

-Bob