Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tractor
    NH TZ24DA

Default Hydrostatic noise

I am new to owning a tractor with a hydrostatic transmission, and with about 8 hours on my new purchase I'm very pleased with its operation. My tractor is one of the big three's S-CUTs and was purchased new-my question is how noisy should these transmissions be?

The amount of noise varies considerably with the load on the machine. The greater the load the more noise. The noise consists of whines of various tunes. I'm not concerned that anything is wrong, I was just a little surprised.

You guys with lots of experience-is this normal?

Enidguy

Default Re: Hydrostatic noise

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You guys with lots of experience-is this normal? )</font>

Of course, without hearing it, none of us can say for certainty, but what you say about it makes it sound normal to me. Took awhile for me to get used to the whine, too.

As soon as I push the HST pedal the whine begins. It's music to my ears! John

Gold Member
    Tractor
    TC24D

Sounds normal to me. Too bad you don't live in a part of the country where it goes to -30 F in the winter like I do, then you would hear a whine! From the tractor, too. My transmission's noise is still less than my left knee would make if I had to push in a clutch every time I changed gears.

Brad

Tractor
    NH TZ24DA

Thanks for all your input. I didn't really think anything was amiss, it just kind of surprised me a little. Its not that loud or abnoxious-just more and different than I expected.

I'm very glad that I don't live where it gets that cold anymore although it can get very nasty here for short periods of time.

Thanks All

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    M6800 4wd

It took me awhile to get use to it on the BX1800 but its normal like Bird said.

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Both of my hydrostatic tractors have a distinctive whine. I love it. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

My tractor is four years old. Most 4-year-olds whine when you try to get them to do work. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota L3010, BX2200

My wife's BX2200 whines if the hitch lever is not in neutral. Its supposed to auto-return to neutral, but it doesn't always do that, especially if you have no load at the back.

I just noticed this this weekend when I wrestled the keys off her to I could cut the lawn. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD 4600

It sounds unnerving, but it's the right noise to hear.

Boustany - what's this about being a leisure time shooter?

-Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast