M5-111 and 15' batwing

/ M5-111 and 15' batwing #1  

davidcbaker

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M5-111
Well, everything finally came in. Got a chance to put the tractor and batwing through it's paces last night. We have 61 acres. More thoughts on the tractor coming soon, but for now, here are a few pictures. This is the 24 speed ((6+6)X2) hydro shuttle. The batwing is the RC3615.

IMG_0605.jpgIMG_0615.jpg

/ M5-111 and 15' batwing
Great looking rig. That would make short work of my 5 acres.

Let's hope it makes short work of my 61 acres. I ordered an 8' rotary and then sat down and did a calculation and changed the order. :)

/ M5-111 and 15' batwing #4  
Just curious.....What ground speed were you able to maintain with that setup and what appears to be ~knee high grass?

I mow a TON that looks just like that. My accounts that get done anywhere from 1-4 times per year.....bulk of my business.

/ M5-111 and 15' batwing
Just curious.....What ground speed were you able to maintain with that setup and what appears to be ~knee high grass?

I mow a TON that looks just like that. My accounts that get done anywhere from 1-4 times per year.....bulk of my business.

It's really steep--lots at 8 degree slope and some at 12 degrees. I'm in 4WD the entire time. Set PTO at 540 and then in 3rd or 4th (low) as I recall, doing about 3-4 mph. It's not fast. But the machine doesn't bog down at all. The only reason I'm mowing that slow right now is because the terrain is unfamiliar and I don't want any surprises. Thus the low bucket on the FEL. The tractor has gobs and power. Fuel burn is 1.6 gph downhill and flips to 2.4 gph uphill.

/ M5-111 and 15' batwing #6  
Wow, thats really good on fuel.

4 MPH with a 15' cutter should yield ~6 acres per hour mowed.

I can do about 4 acres per hour with 51HP and 8' cutter......but still burn through ~2.5 GPH fuel

/ M5-111 and 15' batwing #7  
It's really steep--lots at 8 degree slope and some at 12 degrees. I'm in 4WD the entire time. Set PTO at 540 and then in 3rd or 4th (low) as I recall, doing about 3-4 mph. It's not fast. But the machine doesn't bog down at all. The only reason I'm mowing that slow right now is because the terrain is unfamiliar and I don't want any surprises. Thus the low bucket on the FEL. The tractor has gobs and power. Fuel burn is 1.6 gph downhill and flips to 2.4 gph uphill.

Are you running in ePTO? When I’m going all out I’m in the tune of 5-6 GPH. However, that’s running 5-7 mph. That fuel usage is incredible

Brett

/ M5-111 and 15' batwing #8  
That is really good fuel economy. The first 5 hours of usage on my T4.75 with 10 foot Titan yielded a tick under 3 GPH. I was cutting tractor high stuff and waist high grass in steep rolling hills. I was at 2200 RPM and 5.5 MPH. Terrain was very difficult to say the least.

/ M5-111 and 15' batwing
Are you running in ePTO? When I’m going all out I’m in the tune of 5-6 GPH. However, that’s running 5-7 mph. That fuel usage is incredible

Brett

Nope--standard PTO. About 2,000 rpm in 4th and 5th.

/ M5-111 and 15' batwing #10  
Very nice looking setup. Is there an I am jealous emoticon?