Why Video An Inexperienced Operator?

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #1  

npalen

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B9200 HSTD and Mahindra 3015
Just something I've noticed about YouTube videos: So many times it appears that the operator is demonstrating a new product but doesn't have any experience with it. A person would think that after spending dollars to design a new product and put it on the market, they would want to "put their best foot forward".
An example would be the hydraulic controls where the operator is jerking the handles back and forth trying to figure out what does what and in what direction.
Anyone else noticed this lack of preparation?

Edit: I just noticed the hyperlink "hydraulic controls" above. Hilarious. I didn't do it. :)

Last edited:
   / Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #2  
Can't say I have noticed that. I can say that there are far too many videos that really don't serve much purpose. Everyone wants to be a star. I want to see something interesting or informative. Driving around your backyard in your (mass produced) "xyz" is neither.

It's like putting your home movies on youtube and few other people have ever been interested in that

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #3  
Just something I've noticed about YouTube videos: So many times it appears that the operator is demonstrating a new product but doesn't have any experience with it. A person would think that after spending dollars to design a new product and put it on the market, they would want to "put their best foot forward".
An example would be the hydraulic controls where the operator is jerking the handles back and forth trying to figure out what does what and in what direction.
Anyone else noticed this lack of preparation?

It's no different than your local car dealers and merchants doing their own TV commercials, and they end up looking completely hokey and unprofessional. Everyone sees it but them.

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #4  
Youtube is most dangerous place to learn anything... About 15% of the videos the person is actually doing something intelligently with proper equipment and education... The other 85% are amateurs, people who have managed to do something once (no matter how bad), managed to shoot video, and figured out how to uploaded it... Makes them instant expert... NOT...

When going to youtube you have to have your BS filter tuned to high.....

Dale

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #5  
the other reviews, is more how to unpackage the item, and how many parts it has for 20 mins, or they talk about themselves for 10 mins and then show there idea the last 15 seconds of the video,

and many videos are more how to do this wrong, without the proper tools.

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #6  
There is a guy on here who sells attachments and all his videos show a guy that is either completely clueless, or intentionally showing how to destroy a tractor while hoping you might think that makes their implement better. I don't get it, all I see is somebody acting like a fool and hoping nobody else does what he's doing.

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #7  
I thought all the videos on YouTube were vetted so that there were only pros no cussing 🤬 or any content that would likely offend or possibly let anyone not have responsibility for their action removed. I can make two sheets of metal stick together with my welder so therefore I am a professional, the years of training and effort to learn a craft is over rated. (Sarcasm)

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #8  
I don't mind the messick farm equipment on you tube. Seems like good info I don't watch comparison videos. Sooner go to the dealer and compare myself.

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #9  
There is a guy on here

"On here" as in on TBN or as on Youtube?

who sells attachments and all his videos show a guy that is either completely clueless, or intentionally showing how to destroy a tractor while hoping you might think that makes their implement better. I don't get it, all I see is somebody acting like a fool and hoping nobody else does what he's doing.

If newbies like me don't know who he is, there is the risk that we might be following his advice.

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #10  
"On here" as in on TBN or as on Youtube?

If newbies like me don't know who he is, there is the risk that we might be following his advice.

Here on TBN. He posts videos of an employee testing their latest attachment, and the guy is completely out of control. I don't remember the name of the company, but I'm pretty sure they are a paid vendor with permission to sell their products on TBN.