Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tractor
    Kubota L3130, LA723 Loader, BH90 Backhoe, Curtis Cab, || '82 Gravely 8199KT garden tractor

Default Lawn Plug Areator...

Hi...

Looking for info./recommendations/advice/price for choosing & using a top-quality plug areator to use behind a 30HP kubota CUT (L3130)...

...or towed by an old Gravely 19 HP 4-wheel garden tractor...

Have ~ 2 1/2 acres of former flat hayfield I've started mowing this year... and wanna' turn it into "lawn"... it's in west-central Vermont...

Other tips welcome too...

Thanks...

Dave...

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Default Re: Lawn Plug Areator...

All I ever do is just mow. After a short time, year or so, the 'lawn' just comes. Now that is in Wisconsin, but with 24D spraying once or twice a year, and mowing, the lawn just turns out great.

Tractor
    Kubota L3130, LA723 Loader, BH90 Backhoe, Curtis Cab, || '82 Gravely 8199KT garden tractor

"...24D spraying once or twice a year..."

What's this ?

Thanks...

Dave...

Banned
    Tractor
    jd4100, Cub Cadet 3204 & Cub 125

Hi Dave,

I have found Corriher (who advertise here) to be a great source for Mid West equip core aerators. I have a 48" and its a solid unit well made, and cost effective....Lawn is looking good so far, but it can puncture your or customers sprinkler line if not careful ( i was not [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img])

Good luck!!

Duc

Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

We have the 4 and 5 ft Kioti Core Aerator in Orange color. --Ken Sweet
    Sweet Farm Equipment LLC *New First Choice 2 Rotor Hay Tedders and Disc Mowers*

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Sorry, it is broadleaf herbicide spray, such as Weed-B-Gon or brush spray. 2,4-D is probably how I should have abbreviated that, and wasn't thinking at the moment. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

I purchased one from Ken in kubota Orange [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and it works excellently. It works much better than a Kioti Orange [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] one, that is for certain. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Here are couple of threads on Core Aerators. There are several others if you use the serach feature that is here on TBN.

Click Here
    Click Here

My First Choice 60" works great. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor

Hi...

thanks for the info. and post links...

Do the areators eject the soil plugs ?

How do the react to smaller stones.. and large buried rocks that won't move... do the tines bend/break ?

Dave...

Tractor
    Shoppin', Formerly Ford 1220, 7106 FEL, 60

<font color="blue">Do the areators eject the soil plugs ? </font>

Each time the aerator tine goes around it picks up a plug. Each time a new plug is picked up the previous plug is ejected and the process starts all over.

From the Junkman.......

<font color="blue">I purchased one from Ken in kubota Orange and it works excellently. It works much better than a Kioti Orange one, that is for certain. </font>

Picture is credited to the junkman. (Aerator look familiar? Busted!) [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Don
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast