Lawn Plug Areator...

/ Lawn Plug Areator... #1  

Dave___in___CT

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130, LA723 Loader, BH90 Backhoe, Curtis Cab, || '82 Gravely 8199KT garden tractor
Hi...

Looking for info./recommendations/advice/price for choosing & using a top-quality plug areator to use behind a 30HP Kubota CUT (L3130)...

...or towed by an old Gravely 19 HP 4-wheel garden tractor...

Have ~ 2 1/2 acres of former flat hayfield I've started mowing this year... and wanna' turn it into "lawn"... it's in west-central Vermont...

Other tips welcome too...

Thanks...

Dave...

/ Lawn Plug Areator... #2  
All I ever do is just mow. After a short time, year or so, the 'lawn' just comes. Now that is in Wisconsin, but with 24D spraying once or twice a year, and mowing, the lawn just turns out great.

/ Lawn Plug Areator...
"...24D spraying once or twice a year..."

What's this ?

Thanks...

Dave...

/ Lawn Plug Areator... #4  
Hi Dave,

I have found Corriher (who advertise here) to be a great source for Mid West equip core aerators. I have a 48" and its a solid unit well made, and cost effective....Lawn is looking good so far, but it can puncture your or customers sprinkler line if not careful ( i was not /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif)

Good luck!!

Duc

/ Lawn Plug Areator... #6  
Sorry, it is broadleaf herbicide spray, such as Weed-B-Gon or brush spray. 2,4-D is probably how I should have abbreviated that, and wasn't thinking at the moment. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Lawn Plug Areator... #7  
I purchased one from Ken in Kubota Orange /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif and it works excellently. It works much better than a Kioti Orange /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif one, that is for certain. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Lawn Plug Areator... #8  
Here are couple of threads on Core Aerators. There are several others if you use the serach feature that is here on TBN.

Click Here
Click Here

My First Choice 60" works great. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Lawn Plug Areator...
Hi...

thanks for the info. and post links...

Do the areators eject the soil plugs ?

How do the react to smaller stones.. and large buried rocks that won't move... do the tines bend/break ?

Dave...

/ Lawn Plug Areator... #10  
<font color="blue">Do the areators eject the soil plugs ? </font>

450356-Kioti%20Aerator%20-%20Junkmans%20IIIBBB.jpg

Each time the aerator tine goes around it picks up a plug. Each time a new plug is picked up the previous plug is ejected and the process starts all over.

From the Junkman.......

<font color="blue">I purchased one from Ken in Kubota Orange and it works excellently. It works much better than a Kioti Orange one, that is for certain. </font>

Picture is credited to the junkman. (Aerator look familiar? Busted!) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don

Attachments

• 450356-Kioti Aerator - Junkmans IIIBBB.jpg
    450356-Kioti Aerator - Junkmans IIIBBB.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 383