Backhoe use for backhoe

/ use for backhoe #1  

Lazy

Platinum Member
Tractor
ford 1920 w/fel and bh, case 470, allis chalmers B 1937, JD 450 track loader, Case vac, 3 cub cadets ford lgt 125, Kubota 2230/60 inch mower.1948 farmall cub 1953 farmall cub
Hi
Found a new use fer my backhoe today. breaking tire beads I used the bucket tooth and pushed down on the tire bead right next to the rim and it broke loose. also I found that using baby powder on the tube and in the tire made installing the tube a breeze. I am putting tubes filled with slime in all my lawn and garden tractors and yard carts. some tires haven't been off in years and are really stuck but somehow leak. I'm tired of every time I need to use something I first have to air a tire up.

charlie.

/ use for backhoe #2  
When you can also re-mount the tire to the rim using the BH, you will be a grand-master BH operator /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ use for backhoe #4  
I have also discovered a new use.... finding buried irrigation lines. It is better than a divining rod. A magnet to water, etc.

So far I've broken six lines that nobody knew the exact location of. One of them was a 3" line and the pressure nearly lifted the tractor off the ground. Of course, after you break them, you have the perfect tool on location for fixing them.

I'm drawing up a map for future use.

/ use for backhoe #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm drawing up a map for future use. )</font>

When I put mine in, along with the buried drains (scheduel 40) to take my downspout water away from house, I also took some pictures with a shovel next to house, to give some scale as to exact location.

My wife found the pics when my mother was visiting... both just rolled their eyes, thinking I was taking a picture of a ditch & shove....not realizing it was for "later" use to keep track of what was where.

I just let them laugh at me.

I'll get the last one

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ use for backhoe #6  
Just make sure she knows this or that picture might end up in the trash bin!!!!

/ use for backhoe #7  
Charlie Thats a great use for a hoe, Ivechanged out scraper tires with a 555 Fordf hoe and a 580 Case. Ive also used them to break and seat beads as you did. Like mentioned above they do great for finding utilities lol.
Avorancher to avoid digging up lines or exposing them you can weld a flat bar or grader blade on the top of the teeth and it givves you extra feel and doesnt try to rrip the line as bad.