Bad seat time...

/ Bad seat time... #11  
I'm absolutely heartbroken to hear of your loss. I know of such friendship & it cannot be replaced. I hope in time you can let another help you heal.
I also hope someone who commits such a cowardly, cruel deed gets what they most certainly deserve.

/ Bad seat time... #12  
I am very sorry for your loss Last year I lost a dog of 13 years to old age and still do not have the want to have another dog of my own.
Now where I live about the only reason you intentionaly kill someones pet is if it is endangering livestock and of course childern and /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif than you still have to warn them. Now if my neighbor did this out of pure meaness we would have a real problem.
I have had 2 very special dogs in my life so far and Im sure I will find another and I hope for your pain to go away soon because I know how hard this is. I couldnt even do my dog (Kaz) the honorable thing and bury him myself I had to get my brother to do it. As it was way to hard for me. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Bad seat time... #13  
DFW,

THat is very sad news...

Do you live in a place that allows a loose dog to be shot by a land owner if it strays on the neighbor's property?

I guess from what you said a vehicle was involved though...

I hope you find a way to get even with that neighbor. I wonder why someone would be like that.

My heart goes out to you. Losing a friend like that is very hard...

/ Bad seat time... #14  
DFW

I am deeply sorry for your loss. I have two Labs I hunt with, my most faithful friends. Within a short time I'll likely be burying the older one. It will not be easy.

I have two thoughts, and I'm sorry if they don't help. First, is that on my property sits a cross. It was put there by a woman, the previous owner, when her husband unexpectedly died. It marks where she spread some of his ashes, on the spot where he loved to sit after deer hunting, and near where they wanted to build a home. That is indeed tragedy.

Second thought: Gene Hill, who was a writer with a way for summing up big things in small words, stated that God made dogs lives so short so we could enjoy more of them in our short lifetimes.

My thoughts are with you.

/ Bad seat time... #15  
I'm sorry for your loss. Neighbors who do things like that are scum. I know how you feel when losing a pet. It is very hard. As time goes on it gets a little easier but it is always in the back of your mind. It has been about seven years now since the best golden retriever we've ever had passed away. There have been and are other animals now, but that retriever was something special. She was very smart. There are days when I think of her. As time went on it has gotten easier, but she will forever be inside my heart. I wish you the very best.

/ Bad seat time... #17  
My condolences and my heart go out to you. I don't know the circumstances of the incident, but any time a person takes another's life it is a very sad day for humanity. It doesn't matter if it is a human or a animal. You just don't kill for the sport of killing. I am not a tree hugger and I am not anti hunting, but I am against taking a life senselessly. I know the pain that you feel having lost 4 dogs in the past 20 years. I was unable to do the digging for any of them. I had to leave that task to others. Please consider another pet in the future, because it will make your loss a little more comfortable by the love that will come from the new pet....

/ Bad seat time... #18  
I'm terribly sorry to hear of you losing your best friend, and I've dug one of those holes you speak of - one too many. It'll take time, but you will have a spot in your heart for another furry friend.
As for your neighbor, I'd leave him to discover his own punishment - you reap what you sow.

/ Bad seat time... #19  
I am very sorry.. bless you & your family.

My anger would probably get the best of me..
Forrest Gump
"Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks."

/ Bad seat time... #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( know someday I may be having to excavate an area for that very same purpose )</font>

Though my wife doesn't talk about it.. I know the day is comong when one of our old horses has to go down... No thats gonna be a big hole... Hope I can keep it together to dig it... Was hard enough to do one for a dog of mine a couple years ago.

Soundguy