Bad seat time...

/ Bad seat time... #1  

DFW

Bronze Member
Tractor
Task Master 432E
I recently had one of those experiences that we hope we will never have again. I figuratively got thrown from my tractor. I was working my project to cut a small road to avoid having to traverse a 20+ grade when my wife came running up to tell me that my best friend, my companion, my joy was intentionally killed by one of my “neighbors”. I know from the pictures y’all use for your postings that many of you are pet owners and animal lovers. So, I moved my tractor to the area where there are more friends interred. And, with an 18-wheeler parked on my chest, my vision blurred, the controls like they were in molasses, and in the unnatural quiet that surrounded me I began to dig the hardest hole I ever dug in my life. This happened over the Memorial Day weekend and I have tried to get on the tractor since then. I get in the seat, start her up and that guy drives his 18-wheeler back on my chest, forcing my eyes to squirt water. So, I shut her down and walk back to the house.

I know the old adage about getting thrown and getting right back on, well someday maybe and I might even get the ole grin back, but not yet.

Sorry for the downer guys and gals, but sometimes our tractor work is not fun.
/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Bad seat time... #2  
Sorry to hear of that DFW.
I know someday I may be having to excavate an area for that very same purpose, but I hope it's a long way off.

/ Bad seat time... #3  
My neighbor would have a difficult time doing anything without worrying about what I was thinking. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I'd go outside at 10PM, and let loose a few rounds to let him know I hadn't forgotten.

6am the next day... same deal. Gunfire SAFELY fired into a good backstop. every day or three, I'd "target shoot". I wouldn't make any threats. I wouldn't speak to him in any way. Just the next 5 years would be awfully noisy for him.

Odds are he would lose his mind from worry before I'd get tired of safe target shooting...

Not that I'm suggesting anything for you. Don't do this- especially if it's against the law where you live.

It's just what I would do.

I sure am sorry about what you've gone through. I know it's tough. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
C1

/ Bad seat time... #4  
I've had to do this three times in the past 5yrs.You'll never forget but trust me it will get better

Paul

/ Bad seat time... #5  
DFW .
That's a sad tale indeed ! I feel really bad for you .
Right now I'm sitting here posting this and my Lab and Weiner dog from hell are sitting at my side . If a neighbor hurt either of them I honestly don't know how I'd react . I doubt if it would be pleasant for either of us though .
Take care . And here's hoping that time will take the hurt out of your heart soon .
All the best , John

/ Bad seat time... #6  
My condolences on the loss of your dear friend. We've all done that and know how difficult it is. I know it's small consolation, but it will get easier with time. My best to you and yours.

/ Bad seat time... #7  
Sorry to hear of your loss.

It's a shame that no matter what you do, You will have several dogs in your life. I wouldn't trade the pure joy of a dog's love though.

Give it some time, then go find a needy dog to welcome into your home.

Up in my area, we volunteer for
www.rottrescue.org

Also members of
www.bestfriends.org

JP

/ Bad seat time... #8  
I'm so sorry to hear about this. The fact ... and ... the senselessness of it.
Cliff

/ Bad seat time... #9  
My condolences DFW. It's a sad thing that happened and was made worse by the fact that another human caused it. I'm sure your companion was much more valuable to the world than your neighbor. John

/ Bad seat time... #10  
David, I am sorry to hear about your loss. It is made worse by the insensitive act of others. Like others on this thread my first reaction would be one of revenge but......I dont think that honors how you feel or the life that was lost. You are one of the honorable that care about the animals in their lives so dont let the sadness and hurt of this take that caring away. My vote would be to get another dog and keep the memory alive of your old dog while building great memories with the new one.

Thanks for taking time to share this with us. Its a good reminder to slow down, make more good memories, and enjoy the people and animals we share our lives with. Even if, like me, it includes a lab that hates the water, still cant tell the difference between a rattler and a lizard, still confuses skunks with puppies and wants to lick your face after eating horse poop.

Chin up, keep living life to its fullest and a lot of us will have you in our thoughts.......