TSC Hydro fluid sale

/ TSC Hydro fluid sale #1  

slowrev

Elite Member
Tractor
IH 2444
My Tractor Supply store has 6 gallon buckets of their Premium Hydraulic fluid for the same price as 5 gallons. $25 + change.
Just thought some of you might want to know.

/ TSC Hydro fluid sale #2  
Is hydrostatic drive fluid the same as hydraulic fluid?? I was told "no". One of my tractors calls for "hi-trans" and the dealer said that standard hydraulic fluid wouldn't work. It has a Sunstrand Hydro in it...

/ TSC Hydro fluid sale #3  
Lets be clear on terminology here.

There is a big difference in straight hydraulic oil ( like jack oil ). And between a universal transdraulic fluid.. like the one tsc sells in the 5 ( also in 6 gallon pails with the orange label). The unitran stuff is compatible to many of the industry standard oils.. like hytran, jd303, NH m2c134d.. etc.. etc..

Running straigh hydraulic oil in a system that needs unitran type oil is certain death for the machine.. Many of them use the unitran type oil as hyd fluid, gear oil, and tranny fluid.. if not also pow steer fluid.. etc.

For instance.. my NH 1920 takes unitran ( NH 134d ) in the trand/hyd/diffy sump, and pow steer sump.. and then engine oil in the crank case...

There is also another untran type oil that is not compatible with wet brake systems.. and it will state as such.

Soundguy

/ TSC Hydro fluid sale
Thanks Soundguy, I guess I was not clear enough, it is the orange label stuff. Meets HY TRAN B6 and many other specs. Lots of people around here use it or the Coastal universal stuff. I bought 4 buckets, my old IH holds 20 gal /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif and I know it won't get any cheaper with the oil prices being the way they are. Might go back and buy another 4 buckets and be fixed for several years. Strange thing is that the $25 range for 5 gal has not changed for a year or so, unlike gasoline. Could it be that we are being ripped off ? Naw that would never happen /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TSC Hydro fluid sale #5  
You should look what exact spec of Hy-tran your tractor takes if it is HY Trans. There is a HY tran ultra that is a pretty special oil that meets the Case MS 1209 spec and most other multi use fluids tend not to meet that spec. Texaco TDH says it does. Shell Donax does not.

You really need to get down to the spec that is called out if at all possible.

http://www.viscosityoil.com/hy-tran.htm

/ TSC Hydro fluid sale #6  
If he is getting the oil for the tractor in his profile.. I don't think hy tran ultra was in existance when his tractor was built.

Soundguy

/ TSC Hydro fluid sale #7  
The old Bolens factory seemed to change the types of trans fluids yearly. It seems that some have Ford type F or GM Dextron transmission fluid, others have 10 weight hydraulic oil, and some even have 10 weigh motor oil. The fellow that I know that was a Bolens dealer has said to replace them all with Hy Trans oil, no matter what is in there. The problem that I have, is that I don't know what presently is in there, so changing it completely is the next step. I know that transmission fluid is red, and motor oil honey colored, but the clear stuff is baffling to me. I have 3 of these Bolens left and they all should be changed. I am going to sell them and would like to do the complete service before they go to new owners. At $25 for 6 gallons, it will be a inexpensive "peace of mind' for both seller and buyer...

/ TSC Hydro fluid sale #8  
I just picked up a 6 gal pail of the UTF myself for the next fluid change on my old Ford 1700 (but it only holds 23 quarts).

/ TSC Hydro fluid sale
Junkman, the clear stuff might be the straight mineral oil as used in the older Fords. All of the universal stuff I have seen is a light honey color.

/ TSC Hydro fluid sale #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The old Bolens factory seemed to change the types of trans fluids yearly. It seems that some have Ford type F or GM Dextron transmission fluid, others have 10 weight hydraulic oil, and some even have 10 weigh motor oil. The fellow that I know that was a Bolens dealer has said to replace them all with Hy Trans oil, no matter what is in there. The problem that I have, is that I don't know what presently is in there, so changing it completely is the next step. I know that transmission fluid is red, and motor oil honey colored, but the clear stuff is baffling to me.

1* I have 3 of these Bolens left

<font color="#666666"> </font> and they all should be changed. I am going to sell them and would like to do the complete service before they go to new owners. At $25 for 6 gallons, it will be a inexpensive "peace of mind' for both seller and buyer... )</font>

====================
I have a 1966 Bolens 850 that I bought new
What year and model are yours?