Well I got demoted yesterday.

/ Well I got demoted yesterday. #1  

chucko

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx1800
I was bad enough that my 11 year old girl wants to mow and anything else she can on my BX but I thought that boxblading the horse crap over the garden area was safe for me to do after all what girl wants to play in horse crap.
Well I was wrong like radar she hears the BX running and here she comes saying "daddy I can do that" I tell her what it is and she says she does not care she will be on the tractor so now I get to stand in the horse s*^% and tell her what I want done and pay for a tractor that I don't get to use. Soon I will be on the porch with the dog

/ Well I got demoted yesterday. #2  
Take some pictures of your daughter working the BX...

Include her in your project plans and ideas...

Use the time to be with her and share both of your lives...

Be glad she wants to participate in something that you enjoy also.

It won't be long before you'll be driving the tractor, wondering where the time went since she was driving it! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Well I got demoted yesterday. #3  
Sounds like life is good. I can't wait tell my daughter, now 3.5yrs, and my twins, to be born in a month, are able to spend time outside with me being helpful. Just so long as they are not running the tractor thru the barn! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Well I got demoted yesterday. #4  
Chucko, sounds to me like you have an excuse to buy ANOTHER TRACTOR so that the two of you can share the duties!

I put my 9 year old daughter on my Ventrac and she drove around in circles "mowing" the lawn and screaming YIPEE!!! and wooHOO!!! It only took me about 30 minutes to go over the area again to get all the un-mowed areas that she missed. Maybe next year she will figure out that STRAIGHT lines are easier to mow, but I'll admit they wouldn't be as much fun.

/ Well I got demoted yesterday. #5  
Girls discover BOYS about 3 years from now and you'll be doing all this stuff by yourself while slipping her a 20 to go out and enjoy her day. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif In the meantime dad your still the one she's trying to impress. So many times kids don't get the opportunity your giving her. And when it's over the dog will still be happy to see you.

/ Well I got demoted yesterday. #6  
That is good family time Chuck, enjoy it, my youngest is 18 now and heads off to college in a little over a month. The time sure goes by quick.

Enjoy your family and your tractor /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Well I got demoted yesterday. #7  
Chucko,
Enjoy it while you can! My daughter would drive the tractor some when she was younger, then turned 16 and got her DL and that was it! Now she is 18 and is off to college this fall. Boy, they grow up so fast /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Must be showing my age. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Well I got demoted yesterday. #8  
At least the dog isn't UNDER the porch...

/ Well I got demoted yesterday. #9  
That's great Chuck!

My 9 year old son can't get enough seat time. 8 year old daughter has ridden with me, but hasn't driven the tractor.

I'm sure that will be changing soon. But I'll have to confine her to the open field until I can train (unprogram) her. She's inherited my wife's driving skills and we've got A LOT of trees to run into! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Well I got demoted yesterday. #10  
My 7 year daughter wants to drive the B-7800 but she still doesn't have enough weight to keep the seat down and push the pedals so for now she gets to steer while I drive. Of course the only tasks she gets to do this is on flat ground taking water out to water all the trees. The 18 month old boy loves to drive as well. I figure a few more years I can get a new machine which they will probably take!!!
I'm 32 and still have a great time when my old man comes out to help me with projects. He even lets me drive my tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Spend all the time you can with her now and she'll never forget it. At her wedding, she'll say "remember that time I was using the BX and moved the horse crap just to play on the tractor!!!!"