Driving tractor on public roads

/ Driving tractor on public roads #31  
Doc, there's at least one tractor that will do 45 mph. Maybe a bit more.

/ Driving tractor on public roads #32  
I have to agree with the posts about using your lane. Here in Minnesota I had a State Trooper tell me the same thing. I was traveling a highway with a 8640 JD (Articulated 4-wd duals front and rear). Trying to help I was running with right duals in the ditch and the left dual was still on the road. The trooper followed me to the field and gave me the same advice.

/ Driving tractor on public roads #33  
I'll stick to my plan, and I will also appreciate those tractor drivers I come upon who "don't take the whole lane" when I want to pass them. I think, right or wrong, there is less chance to get hit if partially on the road, than if fully on the road. Ya'all do as you wish, or as you are told.
I'll continue to do whatever I can to not get nailed by a car coming from behind. I want to avoid that issue of "you were to blame" if possible. (And I have heard those horror stories too).

/ Driving tractor on public roads #34  
I always kept my hay spike down in case I got hit from behind. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And ya, I kid you not, they had that deere tractor going 45mph in a 6 lane divided highway, with their wife and kids behind the tractor in a wagon.

/ Driving tractor on public roads #35  
Hey Guys,

I do not want to stir up any problems here, but I think some of you guys think way too hard about this stuff. I have lived in a farming community my whole life. You have to use common sense first of all. You have to understand if you are worried about being sued, it can happen with whatever you are doing. Do you you guys have your jogging sneaks and bicyles registered and insured? Use a slow moving sign, lights if you have them, and some common sense. Good luck.

Russ