Garage Damage Prevention

/ Garage Damage Prevention #11  
My problem in garage vs rops is if I drive in with the rops up, it's fine. Back in with it up and the rops hits the handle on the inside bottom of door. Now metal door to metal rops is a loud noise! No damage but it scared the hell out of me the first time. I've only done it one other time since. I'd put up a sign in the garage that says drive in but I dought I'd see it backing in.

/ Garage Damage Prevention #12  
bbcarter, That reminds me of the imortal words of Jeff Foxworthy-"HERE'S YOUR SIGN" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Garage Damage Prevention #13  
that was my first thought too when i saw his sign, oh and by the way Bill Engval was the "heres your sign" guy, not Jeff Foxworthy

/ Garage Damage Prevention #14  
would think some small silver bells, (like what is on a weath at winter) hanging from the sofit so they ding ding as you wheel up there..

)

You probably wont be able to hear them over the engine, and <font color="blue"> </font>

How about hanging up some "Wind Chimes" should be able to hear them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Garage Damage Prevention #15  
I park my JD 4210 with a tall folding ROPS is a 110 year old barn that has been retrofitted with a standard 7 foot height OH garage door. As I always reverse into the barn, my solution to remind me to fold the ROPS is as follows:

The door has a pull strap on the lower edge to enable me to close it after disconnecting it from the opener, and I hang a bright orange mini traffic cone from the strap after I pull the tractor out and raise the ROPS. I also place a full size bright orange traffic cone on the ground in front of the door. The large cone is marked in huge black letters: FOLD ROPS.

As I have to get off the tractor and move the cones to park inside, it's a double reminder that has worked fine to date.

HOWEVER, the cones didn't prevent me from hitting the side of the doorframe with the loader bucket the time I was in a hurry to back in out of the rain.

DUH !!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Garage Damage Prevention #16  
Markct, Ok so they weren't Jeffs imortal words ,I knew I had heard the phrase ,I just wasn't sure who really said it ? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Garage Damage Prevention #17  
I don't have any garage damage... of course, I have a separate tractor shed with 8' tall doors... and I don't have a ROPS on my old Ford (no loader either). /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Interesting solutions though! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Garage Damage Prevention #18  
When I first got the tractor, I was good about remembering to lower the ROPS. Now after a few months, my memory is slipping and I have whacked the garage door trim a few times. The good thing is that after you do it a few times, more recent "hits" don't even show up any longer as being new. If I get the energy to clean out the other garage, it has a 10' X 10' garage door and I won't have to remember to put the ROPS down. It is a matter of priorities.... for now, I will continue to put the ROPS up upon leaving and hitting the door frame upon returning.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Garage Damage Prevention #19  
My son-in-law borrowed my new B7510 and loader one afternoon. It only had 5 hours on it. When I drove it over to his house we parked it beside his B2150 with a fixed ROPS. We compared wheel base and control locations. Did not compare the height. My daughter called about 2 hours later laughing she said her husband had wrecked my tractor. Of course he was in the background cursing. My ROPS was a couple inches higher. He was driving into his garage to clean it up before he returned it. It barely put a scratch on the ROPS but it banged up the trim and garage door pretty good. I won't laugh because I'll probably do it next.

/ Garage Damage Prevention #20  
The probability of forgetting to fold the ROPS is directly proportional to the number of spectators around at the time.

The equivalent in boating is a tricking landing at a dock. You can do it perfectly when there are no witnesses. But screw it up and the whole world is there to see it.

rantumscoot = old Nantucket whaler expression. Scoot = get out of here, scoot! and rantum=random. Translation: an excursion with no predetermined destination.

From one whole tractors and boats......