Ballast Filling Tires

/ Filling Tires #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
Finally going to get my tires filled with Rim Guard tomorrow (good rainy day project, eh?). Somewhere I remember seeing a chart that shows the volume of various tire sizes. Anyone have that bookmarked. I just checked the Firestone Ag site and it did not have volumes.

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Filling Tires
Thanks John. Good info but unfortunately, my tires are smaller than that chart /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Filling Tires #4  
good link, any idea what the shush point of WW fluid is?

I have found it before with my pickup, and I know its pretty $#@!^^%% cold. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Filling Tires #5  
What size are your tires? I can't find my bookmarks to the sites where I scraped the info from - but I've got a spreadsheet of various tractor 'facts' relevant to my tractor I've put together. I have generic calc chloride info (3 1/2 lb per gallon and 5 lb per gallon concentrations) as well as numbers for RimGuard.

Examples - at 75% fill, an 11.2/24 ought to hold 24 gallons of pure water (200 lbs), or 20 gallons of water + 70 lbs of CaCl2 (237 lbs, good to -12F) or 19 gallons of water + 95 lbs. of CaCl2 (253 lbs, good to -53F (!) ), or 24 gallons of RimGuard (257 lbs. - not sure what the freezing point is).

The spreadsheet is far to big to image and post here - but if you'll post your tire size I'll look up the numbers.

/ Filling Tires
Thanks Tim. My tires are 12.4-16. It's not a biggie but the tire guy just gave me a per gallon price on the stuff and I want to have some idea ahead of time how much it's going to run me.

Thanks again /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Filling Tires #7  
Hmm. That's not in my charts. The RimGuard charts are out here - RimGuard Docs They don't show that exact size either but there are a couple that are close.

I did notice Rimguard freezes at -35F.

/ Filling Tires #8  
THere is a list at tractorsmart.com under the techincal tab...

IT shows 12.4 x 16 as holding 21 gallons per tire...

For what that is worth... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Filling Tires #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( good link, any idea what the shush point of WW fluid is? )</font>
I don't really know as we don't usually ever get anything lower than about 17 degrees F or so, but maybe you've notice whether your windshield washer fluid in your vehicle has ever slushed up? I know it's supposed to be very cold tolerant, but I never needed to know how much. John

/ Filling Tires
Got 'em filled this morning. Put 18 gallons in each which took it to the top of the rim. At 10.7 pounds per gallon I now sport an additional 385 pounds which should come in quite handy this winter plowing snow.

Couldn't have been easier nor more economical. Got it done first thing this morning at the Farm Bureau in Eau Claire, Michigan for a total of $80. Cost included coffee and a donut (the edible kind) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks everyone for the help finding the volume /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif