How much cleaning?

/ How much cleaning? #1  

BCF

Tractor
Kubota L5030 HSTC
Hey TBN gang,

I've really been enjoying my new Kubota L5030. Yesterday, I did some digging with the FEL and box blade. Afterwards, I hosed the blade and FEL down, but didn't really get every last nugget of dirt off. The tires were muddy, but I ignored them figuring that they'd just get muddy again.

What I'd like to know is--should I be cleaning ALL the dirt off the metal after each use? Will not doing so significantly increase the risk of rust? Or, should I just consider this machine a tool that ought to be dirty because it's being used? I'm curious as to what y'all do.

Thanks for the free education! (or at least entertainment /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Nelson

/ How much cleaning? #2  
NELSON: do what most of us do, clean it when it gets real dirty and u don't think u will get i dirty for a bit /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif got mine pretty uckie today but expect to do the same tomorrow if it don't rain to hard. BY THE WAY i sure could use that 5030 for a few days /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How much cleaning? #3  
I'm with Frank. I try to get most of the muck off the moving parts and give the metal a washing. You bought the tractor to save you time, not to put all your time into cleaning it......

http://users.adelphia.net/~gizmo/

Attachments

• 492994-224mud.jpg
    492994-224mud.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 114
   / How much cleaning? #4  
I wash it once a year. I just take the pressure washer to it at the time I take the mower off for the final time. Other than that let my neighbor use it and he always washes it.

murph

/ How much cleaning? #5  
Every once in a while I'll leave mine out of the pole barn and let nature wash it, unless I had concrete in the bucket, then I'll hose the bucket out.