Default Labor Rates

I'm trying to find out what the labor rates are throughout the nation. I'm in a somewhat small population in Southern Caifornia and the going rates are $65.00 an hour, but I would like to know what they are all over to get a general idea. From the top to the bottom...thanks all!

Tractor
    JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer

Default Re: Labor Rates

The rate is going to be different depending on what you are talking about. Do you want to know the rate for mowing, haying, dozer, backhoe?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 855 MFWD; Oliver 1850 Gas

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The rate is going to be different depending on what you are talking about. Do you want to know the rate for mowing, haying, dozer, backhoe?)</font>

.....or union plumbing or electrical or excavating? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Joking aside.....the Bureau of Labor Statistics might be of some assistance.

Dave

Diesel Labor...like for Deere 4310's, kubota L Series, etc. Midsized diesel tractors. 15 - 60 horsepower. No specific labors based on hydraulic, or engine, but flat shop rates. Shop rates, not rates for mowing or excavating, but what the shops are charging for repairs on sick tractors.

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, BX2200, Yardman 20HP pos...

<font color="blue"> but I would like to know what they are all over to get a general idea. From the top to the bottom... </font>

Since I am retired and lovin' it, not sure if I am on the top or bottom, but it would take at least $200 per hour to get me to work for someone else... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Of course, I do work for free for friends... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Talk to my wife and she says I work for beer though... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Never know who to believe, do you... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Gold Member

i run a machine shop/ job shop, and for general work, and repairs, we charge $50/hrs, and $60/hrs with our mobile truck

these are canadian funds..
    it's sad when dealers, and chain store charge more for labour to change tires then you can at a machine shop....

Gold Member

At the local Deere dealer here in Michigan that I bought mine from shop labor is $65.00 an hour also.