Labor Rates

/ Labor Rates #1  

smthng2do

Bronze Member
I'm trying to find out what the labor rates are throughout the nation. I'm in a somewhat small population in Southern Caifornia and the going rates are $65.00 an hour, but I would like to know what they are all over to get a general idea. From the top to the bottom...thanks all!

/ Labor Rates #2  
The rate is going to be different depending on what you are talking about. Do you want to know the rate for mowing, haying, dozer, backhoe?

/ Labor Rates #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The rate is going to be different depending on what you are talking about. Do you want to know the rate for mowing, haying, dozer, backhoe?)</font>

.....or union plumbing or electrical or excavating? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Joking aside.....the Bureau of Labor Statistics might be of some assistance.

Dave

/ Labor Rates
Diesel Labor...like for Deere 4310's, Kubota L Series, etc. Midsized diesel tractors. 15 - 60 horsepower. No specific labors based on hydraulic, or engine, but flat shop rates. Shop rates, not rates for mowing or excavating, but what the shops are charging for repairs on sick tractors.

/ Labor Rates #5  
<font color="blue"> but I would like to know what they are all over to get a general idea. From the top to the bottom... </font>

Since I am retired and lovin' it, not sure if I am on the top or bottom, but it would take at least $200 per hour to get me to work for someone else... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Of course, I do work for free for friends... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Talk to my wife and she says I work for beer though... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Never know who to believe, do you... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Labor Rates #6  
i run a machine shop/ job shop, and for general work, and repairs, we charge $50/hrs, and $60/hrs with our mobile truck

these are canadian funds..
it's sad when dealers, and chain store charge more for labour to change tires then you can at a machine shop....

/ Labor Rates #7  
At the local Deere dealer here in Michigan that I bought mine from shop labor is $65.00 an hour also.