Float on Rear Remote Valve?

/ Float on Rear Remote Valve? #1  

Riddler

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TN75VA, New Holland TC45DA, New Holland TC18
I plan to order my new tractor with three remote valves, two for the top and tilt, and one to accommodate future (rear or front) implements that require hydraulics. These valves are in addition to the four-way joystick SCV that will control the FEL.

As it turns out, I have the option of ordering one or more of the remote valves with a float function. That said, I am having trouble visualizing how a float function could benefit either the top or tilt cylinders. I believe that implements such as a box scraper or rear blade (or rake) utilize the float built into the 3 pt hitch lift, but would not utilize additional float if it was available in either the top or tilt cylinders. Am I right about that? Even if float is not useful for either the top or tilt cylinders, is there any other commonly used hydraulic implement, other than the FEL, that would be potentially more useful with a float function?

/ Float on Rear Remote Valve? #2  
I put this same question to the group about 2 months ago and no one came up with any impliment that might utilize the float function. I went ahead with 3 standard valves on my Kubota L3130HST.

Vernon

/ Float on Rear Remote Valve? #3  
I know of no commonly used 3pt implement for CUTs that could make use of a float valve. Now there may be some ag specific equipment that could use float but I cannot think of any at this moment.

Save the $50 or so extra that a float valve will cost and put it toward something else more useful.

/ Float on Rear Remote Valve? #4  
You'd prolly be better off making sure one of the valves has a detent to hold it on in at leat one direction for things like logg splitters, etc.

/ Float on Rear Remote Valve? #5  
Just a thought here but would a float be useful on the top link of a TNT for blade and box scraper work.? I would think it may be usefully for snow removal with the blade or fine grading with the scraper just to drag the rocks and junk off. has any body used it.?

/ Float on Rear Remote Valve? #6  
A 39 cent bungee cord will serve the same purpose. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Float on Rear Remote Valve? #7  
I guess I'm the oddball, but I elected to add one float section to the control valve assembly that I ordered for my homebrew t&t setup that I am putting together.

I will have a set of outlets to which I can hook whatever I want to to, that the control valve with float will power.

It is my opinion that the brush hog will benifit from float. That is why it has the u-shaped hook up for the top link right? So it can move up and down at the back when you go over humps and so on. Top link with float necessary? Guess not in many cases. Can it hurt? I doubt it. Help? Maybe.

Does your driveway have compound angles? Mine did/does. I can see float on one of my tilt cylinders as being an advantage. Yes, I will have two tilt cylinders. I could not use only one on my B2910 Kubota without giving up 3PH lift (guess that is not exactly correct, but that has been the experience of most that I have read about). Anyway, I think float on one tilt cylinder would help the back blade follow the contour of the driveway better when snow plowing than it does using only the float of the 3ph. The reason is that with the 3ph the side of the blade that hits the ground first controls the height of the blade, so the low side will lift off the ground and the high side will dig in somewhat.

Can't imagine how float would help with a box blade but give me time... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Like I said, call me the oddball.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Four rear remotes, three of the valves have pilot operated check valves built in, and the forth has float and not check valves...

I would get one section with float. It will not cost that much extra and nothing will force you to use it if you don't want to. If you want it later though, it will cost a lot to add it, so you never will if you are like the rest of us... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Float on Rear Remote Valve? #8  
Mike

I get your point. But I was thinking more along the lines of contour float like the front loader so that implements wont dig in say on a gravel drive for snow removal. I think my tractor has an adjustment on the pin holding the 3PT arms to the rocker arm that alows it to float. I have never seen this before on a tractor.

/ Float on Rear Remote Valve? #9  
Henro

I like your thinking. Sometimes I feel like using 3 point implements is more an art than science and any adjustments that can be made (and easily made) just helps make it possible to do a better job.

I say go for it also I don't see how it could hurt. Of course it is not my money. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

In using a box blade if I can get it to float over my finish grade I can move allot of rock off so that the hand racking goes much faster. In some cases I have eliminated racking completely by using the box scraper only to drag off the rock and leave it in a pile. It takes good control to do this but with patience it can be done. I can see a floating remote making this even easier to do

/ Float on Rear Remote Valve? #10  
JASTN70D and Henro if I were trying to save a buck and was just interested in a log splitter then I would use a bungee cord on one of the remotes and save the a buck or two. But if I wanted contour for a mower or box blade then I might opt for the float on at least one of the remotes as Henro suggested. As it stands at least in my case I have a BH that connects to a power beyond port. The power beyond may also be used for the log splitter connection or any other hydraulic implement that I might add at a later time and without the use of a bungee.