Problems with my B7610 loader quick connects

/ Problems with my B7610 loader quick connects #1  

WayneW

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610
My hydro quick connects, well actually only ONE, the red one, sometimes has trouble. It won't latch and at times when installing the loader, and other times it will not release, when trying to remove the loader. I've checked to make sure the connector was clean from dirt. Played around with it for a while to no avail. It seems to be on the loader side because that connector will not latch to any of the other connectors either(on the tractor). And any of the other connectors (on the loader side) will connect just find to that red connector on the tractor end. I've also tried tapping the end valves to reduce the pressure to no avail.

All the others are perfect EVERY time.

Has anyone else had this problem with a particular connector. Wondering if I should consult the dealer about this. If I have problems now. when new, what will it be like it 5 years. Or trying to put in on in December?

/ Problems with my B7610 loader quick connects #2  
Wayne
Your QD's should go on fairly easily. I had one with a bent area around the spring loaded balls. Dealer replaced under warranty.
Check with your dealer.

/ Problems with my B7610 loader quick connects #3  
Always relieve the pressure, which you may be doing. I just press mine against the tractor frame/bumper to relieve pressure. Make sure the tractor is not running, pressure might be in the supply lines.

/ Problems with my B7610 loader quick connects #4  
I have had the same problem with my B7500 and LA302. I believe it was also the red fitting. In my case residual pressure was the problem. Before disconnecting the quick couplings, I cycle the joy stick to all four positions. Sometimes the FEL moves, sometimes not. When I have trouble reconnecting, I insert a small diameter rod or bolt into the FEL side connector and push against the pin until fluid flows out. I have not had a problem, after relieving the pressure. Good Luck! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Problems with my B7610 loader quick connects #5  
First relieve the hydraulic pressure on the quick connect that is giving you the headaches. If it is still hard to connect or disconnect at that point simply remove it and take it with you to your local TSC to match it up properly. TSC sells them in sets and they are relatively inexpensive to boot.

/ Problems with my B7610 loader quick connects
I think I'll give the dealer a call this weekend. See how that goes. I've had problems connecting it AFTER relieving the pressure. I've also had problems removing it. (not sure what I could do to relieve the pressure there) I also move the joystick around just before I remove the loader as commom practice. Didn't help.

/ Problems with my B7610 loader quick connects
After a call to the dealer, he gave me a little "tip" they may help others here also. It has seemed to work for the past few times.

After disconnecting the loader and shutting off the tractor, cycle the loader lever to all points, around in a quick circle a few times. Then disconnect the hydro lines. In the few times I've removed the loader, it's worked fine. Still not sure why the RED line was the trouble spot before, but so far so good.

/ Problems with my B7610 loader quick connects #8  
I do the same. Another tip I picked up here (may have been Hazmat) is try not to leave the loader in the sun. Those black lines heat up and pressurize significantly. I have to press the male fitting against a smooth piece of steel such as the bucket to relieve the pressure. Probably not the best solution, but it is that or wait until morning after a cool-down.

Brad

/ Problems with my B7610 loader quick connects #9  
I have found that if there is a little tension in the lines....i.e..backed out too far or not pulled far enough in..that I will have trouble either disconnecting or connecting one or more lines. Don't know if this might be your problem or not but I noticed that just a couple of inches either way will cause this on my 7610. I also have to make sure the hoses are running straight out the sock and not overlapping.

Regards,
Kevin