Air precleanres

/ Air precleanres #1  

Charolais

Platinum Member
Tractor
Deutz Fahr Agrofarm 100, Stoll loader, bucket, forks & root grapple
I just did a search on this site to see if there been any post on air precleaners. Any of you folks use the turbo type air precleaners?

I have one on both tractors now. One is a Turbo II and the other is a sy-clone. (spelling may not be right on that one /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif) Both have been money well spent. Mainly for me because I run in some dusty dirty conditions with the hay crop and sometimes tillage when it's dry.

I have one tractor that has an oil bath air filter system. Before I added the precleaner I would have to remove a layer of brown goop from the bottom of the oil bowl about every 50 hours. I change the oil every 100 hours now and there's nothing in the bowl but oil. I can see a ring of dust,dirt and insects on the hood now where the propeller slings the big stuff back out of the air flow. I've noticed when it's snowing it'll push the snow flakes back out too as well as rain drops.

Just thought I'd pass this on to any of you that may run in dusty/dirty conditions. Need to keep that air flow clean on those diesels. Less filter changes too. Paper or oil.

/ Air precleanres #2  
Charolais,
Where can additional info be found for the aircleaners?? Thanks

/ Air precleanres