Truck VS Trailer

/ Truck VS Trailer
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> You could but i don't Want to shovel it off. </font> Me, neither.
Step 1. Trailer load of limestone. What to do? Step 2. Use the tractor, not a shovel.
Step 3. How's that? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Step 4. Use the tractor, not a wheelbarrow.
Step 5. Drive the lightweight tractor over the lawn, not a heavy truck or trailer. Place the material exactly where you want it.This method has several advantages...One. The trailer can haul 5500 pounds of material. The pickup truck cannot.Two. I cannot load it out of the truck. I have to dump it on my driveway or the lawn, then pick it up again with the FEL, then clean up the mess afterward. The only mess I have to clean up with this method is sweep the trailer into the FEL bucket.Three. I can't use a truck for precise placement of material. The FEL works much better and the tractor is easier on the lawn than any truck.
Four. License plates for the trailer are $57.00 a year(including our brand new wheel tax /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif). Liability insurance is free as it is covered by the tow vehicle's insurance, however, I buy extra insurance to cover the contents of the trailer and the trailer itself, just for peace of mind.
To summarize:
The overall cost of owning our trailer is much cheaper than the overall cost of owning our truck. It can haul more than our pickup truck, is easier to load and unload than our pickup truck and we have one less engine to maintain. We have retired our pickup truck and it is slowly rusting away behind the garage. We are now down to two vehicles, a car and a van. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )</font>
=======
Thanks for the post:
You've almost convinced me to go out and get a trailer.
Now which trailer?

Dump
Tilt
Ramp
Flat on ground

The only thing I'm not real keen on is running up and down the ramps with the tractor to unload the trailer.

/ Truck VS Trailer
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> You could but i don't Want to shovel it off. </font>
License plates for the trailer are $57.00 a year )</font>

<font color="purple">====== </font>

Plates cost me $5.00 a year and can be used on any car truck or trailer I own and can be switched from one vehicle to another.
I have 5 of these plates 4 on 4 pick up trucks and one on a small utility trailer.
I could take the plate off of one of the trucks or the little trailer to use on another trailer, or for 5 bucks buy a plate for the additional trailer so I don't have to fool around with plate switching.

With plate switching it's easy to go driving off to someplace without a plate on the vehicle.
Done it more than once: LOL
Lucky for me the cops never noticed I was driving without plates. You can buy several 5 dollar plates for the cost of a fine.

/ Truck VS Trailer #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That's what my dealer delivered mine on too.
Where is your dealer? )</font>

Ripley WV. I did shop the Kubota dealer in your neck of the woods (Marietta), but went with the one in WV instead.

Moon of Ohio

/ Truck VS Trailer #24  
If you have the extra money, I would go with the dump trailer. My cousin uses them exclusively in his landscape business. Very versatile!

/ Truck VS Trailer #25  
How are you swapping plates around? You (at least I thought we were all supposed to /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif) are to license each individual vehicle separately.

/ Truck VS Trailer
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( How are you swapping plates around? You (at least I thought we were all supposed to /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif) are to license each individual vehicle separately. )</font>

I don't drive them year round.

/ Truck VS Trailer #27  
Which trailer to get? Hmm. That's a hard decision. Really depends on your needs.

We went with a car hauler trailer with a solid steel deck for a few reasons. It is very versatile. I've built low sides for it out of wood for hauling loose materials. If I take the sides off, I can load my implements right onto it from the sides, or the ramps. Here's a link to a picture of it empty and here's a link to a picture of it with the tractor, 60" mower deck attached, 4' brush hog, large light material bucket, small heavy duty bucket with teeth and pallet forks. I still have a few feet behind the tractor, so I could have fit more on, if needed.

/ Truck VS Trailer #28  
<font color="blue"> Plates cost me $5.00 a year and can be used on any car truck or trailer I own and can be switched from one vehicle to another. </font>

Where does one have to live in Ohio to be able to buy five dollar plates and switch them from one vehicle to another???

I have the registration for my trailer in front of me, and it says 28 dollars. Plates for each car are over 40 dollars apiece. Non-commercial truck plates are over 50 dollars.

Could you please share with the rest of the Ohio TBN members where we can get five dollar plates?

/ Truck VS Trailer #29  
Andy,
Don't know about Ohio? But here in Texas looking at mine they charged me $5.00 and a $1.00 for doing it online. But I do know we are not suppose to switch tags. Having so many, I got mine mixed up. I was stopped for a routine check and the SN didn't match when he called it in, luckily I had all the Reg. forms in my truck so the trooper just gave me a warning, maybe you guys should move! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Truck VS Trailer #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Where does one have to live in Ohio to be able to buy five dollar plates and switch them from one vehicle to another??? )</font>

OK, I'm glad to see someone else here that thinks what he is doing is illegal or if not illegal at least bending the law in half. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif