Light duty grapples?

/ Light duty grapples? #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
No doubt there is a need for heavy duty grapples on some front end loaders.

In my case, I've never really NEEDED a heavy duty grapple, but have many times wished for a light duty grapple on my loader.

Just about every picture I've seen posted here (and no doubt I've missed a bunch) has been of a grapple that would match the bucket in capability.

So I am wondering if there are any "light duty" grapple owners out there. If so could you post a picture of what you have/use?

My desire is to have something that would hold a pile of lightweight brush in/against the bucket while I am carrying it somehwere to be dumped on a pile.

Until now I have basically pushed what I need to move, hoping the teeth on my toothbar would keep the stuff intact and pushable for the most part...

So... are there any wimpy grapple owners out there, or is this the realm of the macho grapple man?

Love to see some light duty grapple photos... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Light duty grapples? #2  
Henro
I don't know if you would consider the one I made light duty. It works with my B2910 fairly well. Since I built it. I have seen some ideas that will give me ideas on how to lighten the cylinder and cross bar up. It weighs 170 lbs.
Here is a link to some pictures I took. Click Here
Here a link with some additional links. Click Here.

/ Light duty grapples?
Ron,

Thanks for the pointers to that thread. I remember your posts now but must admit I forgot... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I am pretty sure I will at some point build some kind of grapple for the front bucket...

Hope we may see some other pictures posted.