How did Kubota get such a large market share ?

/ How did Kubota get such a large market share ? #31  
One of the top reasons companies like Kubota and John Deere get so big is parts. This is also another reason why companies like Jinma will never be one of the top 3.. nor one of the top 5. Of course other reasons is price, reliability, new features.

/ How did Kubota get such a large market share ? #32  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( One of the top reasons companies like Kubota and John Deere get so big is parts. This is also another reason why companies like Jinma will never be one of the top 3.. nor one of the top 5. Of course other reasons is price, reliability, new features.)</font>

The main reason I went with my Kubota BX is because my previous lawn machine was a John Deere! I thought JD was out of touch with reality when they wanted over $400 for a starter for a single cylinder air-cooled 17hp Kawasaki engine. Other parts were similarly priced and I always had to order them. Large JD lawn tractors were the same price as the BX and half the machine. Compare the hydraulics on a JD 425 to a Kubota BX1500. They are similar prices at the dealer but the Kubota has real hydraulics and a real PTO and a diesel engine and 4WD. This is why Kubota is eating JD's lunch in the CUT market. 4WD makes the difference between leaving the tractor in the shed all winter and actually being able to use it in the snow.

/ How did Kubota get such a large market share ? #33  
<font color="orange">Compare the hydraulics on a JD 425 to a Kubota BX1500. They are similar prices at the dealer but the Kubota has real hydraulics and a real PTO and a diesel engine and 4WD </font>

Lessee a subCUT vs. a LG WOW! The Kubotas IS BETTER!!

Why don't you compare the Deere 2210 to the Kubota G2160 while yer at it?

/ How did Kubota get such a large market share ?
I know one thing that causes John Deere to lose sales is price reputation .

I know people who have said:I can't afford a John Deere I don't have that kind of money.
That green paint is expensive.
It must be nice for you to be able to afford a John Deere.
I can't afford a John Deere and they buy a Massey Ferguson instead.
Some people automatically stay away from the John Deere,with out actually inquiring about the prices and the features of the product.

/ How did Kubota get such a large market share ? #35  
Too true! I almost didn't get a bid on one when I bought this one. Turned out they were less than Orange, Blue, Red or even Purple... Heck, A Nortrac Jinma was about the same...

/ How did Kubota get such a large market share ? #36  
<font color="red">
Too true! I almost didn't get a bid on one when I bought this one. Turned out they were less than Orange, Blue, Red or even Purple... Heck, A Nortrac Jinma was about the same...
</font>

I think that myth is spread about all the Big 3 brands. Not that I am trying to pick, but I regularly see posts that Mahindra, Jinma & Kioti are thousands cheaper than the big 3. I recently got a PM from a guy who was shopping Kioti and bought a Kubota because it was almost a grand less expensive than the Kioti. He was at 2 different Kioti dealer, 3 different Kubota dealers, all Kubota dealers quoted prices lower than either of the 2 Kioti dealers. Now to be fair, he also went to price a New Holland, and it was over a thousand dollars MORE than the Kioti. In another instance "Goatman" priced a NH TC30 against the Jinmas and with all factors considered, the TC30 actually was less expensive than the Jinma. So it goes to show how regional pricing can be, and it also goes to show that the Big 3 brands are not necessary more expensive than the minor brands. I know I got my tractors at great prices, but then again, that could be a regional thing!!!

/ How did Kubota get such a large market share ? #37  
I'd say you are right on with regions being different. The two NH dealers here are also JD dealers. For some reason, they treat the NH as the red-headed step child. Both stores sell three or four JD's to each NH. I'll tell you that I don't think the local dealers here have much faith in NH. Explain that!? They pretty well say that they stock them and will sell you one if you want it. A sales manager at one of the stores told me that they stock them because there is a certain following that will always buy the NH regardless, so they keep them. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Also, as I said earlier, Kioti and Mahindra etc. just don't exist around here. I'd say that Rural King and TSC outsells them. I've never seen a Jimna, Branson, LG or many other brands mentioned on this board. On a rare occasion I'll see a Cub or IH or Case. My area has been almost exclusively JD, and now it is JD and Kubota with NH a far distant third. I'd venture to guess that it is difficult to break into a new market with an "unknown" tractor, and the attitude of the stocking dealers have a lot to do with what they sell.

/ How did Kubota get such a large market share ? #38  
I had no opinion on this
UNTIL a friend bought a Kubota here in the Fingerlakes portion of upstate New York. John Deere swallowed the idea of a "MEGA Dealer" and allowed one company to buy up ALL the dealerships in the area including those that were primarily "small equipment" operations. Unless you need mower blades, the service I have experienced at 4 of the JD Mega dealer's 6 locations (they closed two others they felt were un needed) is awful. I even experienced having my 2305 returned from a transmission service with a loose drain plug. When you complain you get blown off. My most recent experience was a $150.00 bill to fix my rear flashers, when all it needed was an $8.00 diode. My only alternative thanks to JD allowing a one owner monopoly in our area is to drive over 80 miles for parts and service. My friends experience with the local Kubota dealer is a polar opposite, COMPETENT, friendly, and helpful describe the local Kubota Dealer (who has competition within 35 miles in all 4 directions).

Go figure... a monopoly doesn't feel like they need to compete..... but they forget all of us don't bleed green, or red, and may be willing to go ORANGE. They don't really care about the small tractor market and make as much off what sell as they can. I'd like to think our local farmers are treated better.

So for my area, since JD is run like the cable company, I fully understand why repeat buyers go orange and the local KUBOTA dealer's lot is littered with JD trades, but you seldome see a Kubota traded for a JD.

/ How did Kubota get such a large market share ? #39  
Well, I give you credit for doing a search for an appropriate topic to post your opinion in. It's 8 years old.

/ How did Kubota get such a large market share ? #40  
I had no opinion on this
UNTIL a friend bought a Kubota here in the Fingerlakes portion of upstate New York. John Deere swallowed the idea of a "MEGA Dealer" and allowed one company to buy up ALL the dealerships in the area including those that were primarily "small equipment" operations. Unless you need mower blades, the service I have experienced at 4 of the JD Mega dealer's 6 locations (they closed two others they felt were un needed) is awful. I even experienced having my 2305 returned from a transmission service with a loose drain plug. When you complain you get blown off. My most recent experience was a $150.00 bill to fix my rear flashers, when all it needed was an $8.00 diode. My only alternative thanks to JD allowing a one owner monopoly in our area is to drive over 80 miles for parts and service. My friends experience with the local Kubota dealer is a polar opposite, COMPETENT, friendly, and helpful describe the local Kubota Dealer (who has competition within 35 miles in all 4 directions).

Go figure... a monopoly doesn't feel like they need to compete..... but they forget all of us don't bleed green, or red, and may be willing to go ORANGE. They don't really care about the small tractor market and make as much off what sell as they can. I'd like to think our local farmers are treated better.

So for my area, since JD is run like the cable company, I fully understand why repeat buyers go orange and the local KUBOTA dealer's lot is littered with JD trades, but you seldome see a Kubota traded for a JD.

Ironically, there is a private company that sells Kubota and New holland buying up dealerships here in Vermont. Last I heard- they had an auction to liquidate a bunch of the inventory because they closed one of the locations. I get the idea they want to be the only shop in town..so to speak.

Although I bought my tractor from them 7 years ago, I haven't been impressed with service and attitude for the most part (there is one salesman I will sit and talk to). I'm worried what will happen further if their attitude doesn't improve.